Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two cameras, one cable release?

I would like to fire two cameras at the same time (an *ist DL and a K10D.)

The wireless remote works (most of the time) but is finicky to make sure both cameras can see the remote.

I'd like to use the wired cable switch (CS-205) to fire both cameras. Can I use a simple y-adapter for 2.5" miniphone to connect the remote to two cameras?

Before anyone asks, yes this is for a stereo camera rig. I have had good results from this rig using matching lenses and a rig that compensates for the different body designs of these cameras. My only problem is reliably triggering both cameras instantaneously.

04-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
I'd like to use the wired cable switch (CS-205) to fire both cameras. Can I use a simple y-adapter for 2.5" miniphone to connect the remote to two cameras?
The wired remote control is just a simple contact switch. So I think a simple Y-adapter should work.
04-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Maybe just throw in some small resistor, as a precaution, so that you don't dirrectly connect two camera pull up voltage (most likely already having a resistor) when the switch is open (coz you may get weird effects when k10d's 7.4V leaks in istDL's 6V).

I added a crude illustration. Most likely the voltages are different an much less than supply as well as it may be ok to just parallel them, but it is always better on the safe side.
Attached Images

Last edited by ytterbium; 04-07-2009 at 12:18 PM.