Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2009, 07:03 AM   #1

K20d LCD protector

I had bought a LCD protector for my K10D and I really like it. I got it from the advice I found here and I can't remember the name of it now. The protector is two pieces one for the back LCD and one for the top LCD and they are a hard plastic. Does anyone know the name of these little gems? I would like to get them for a new K20D I want to buy.

04-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #2

Original Poster
Found it... on ebay... LOL
04-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Forum Member

I like the Zagg shield. Check it out if you are still in the market.
04-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rhizo Quote
I like the Zagg shield. Check it out if you are still in the market.
Another option is the Delkin which has a pop up shield to see things easier in the sunshine.

04-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Canada Rockies: Another option is the Delkin which has a pop up shield to see things easier in the sunshine.
Albert, how effective is it in bright sunshine. I find the LCD extremely difficult to use in bright sunshine sometimes.
04-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
madisonphotogrl: Found it... on ebay... LOL
Does it reduce glare in bright sunshine? Can you provide the link you found on Ebay?
04-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I actually bought mine at London Drugs. For the k10d, it is a Delkin eFilm 2.5". There is a popup shade with two wings. It helps a great deal in sunshine, but I still have to cup the LCD with my hand at times. There is a glass like protection sheet and the shade & wings clip on. For indoor use, slide a bit to the left and it comes off.

Here's a link Pop-Up Shades – LCD shade and screen protectors

04-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Canada Rockies: I actually bought mine at London Drugs. For the k10d, it is a Delkin eFilm 2.5". There is a popup shade with two wings. It helps a great deal in sunshine, but I still have to cup the LCD with my hand at times. There is a glass like protection sheet and the shade & wings clip on. For indoor use, slide a bit to the left and it comes off.
Thanks Albert--this may be what I am looking for. My only concern is that I currently use the KPS U13 eyepiece with a large eyecup. The eyecup is large enough to block part of the view of the LCD monitor. So it might interfere with the installation of the Delkin. Hmmmmmmm.........
04-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Thanks Albert--this may be what I am looking for. My only concern is that I currently use the KPS U13 eyepiece with a large eyecup. The eyecup is large enough to block part of the view of the LCD monitor. So it might interfere with the installation of the Delkin. Hmmmmmmm.........
The eye cup might prevent the Delkin from opening all the way. It's about 1/4 inch (7 mm) thick when mounted, and the bottom edge of the "lid" is in line with the top of the LCD.
04-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Canada Rockies: The eye cup might prevent the Delkin from opening all the way. It's about 1/4 inch (7 mm) thick when mounted, and the bottom edge of the "lid" is in line with the top of the LCD.
I think you are correct--Thank you Albert for all the help.
04-25-2009, 04:47 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
LCD Protector

ACMAXX Products

I installed ones from here (bought from ebay, cheaper) on my K10D and my wife's K200D. Nice product. So far, no complaints.
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
calicojack: I installed ones from here (bought from ebay, cheaper) on my K10D and my wife's K200D. Nice product. So far, no complaints.
Thanks, I just ordered one.
05-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I got my ACMaxx LCD protector and wanted to give my thoughts on it. Perhaps my words will help another Pentaxian. Firstly, let me say the main reason for my purchasing one of these was to cut down on glare. I did not buy it to protect the LCD display.

Anyway, it is a simple and attractive cover. When installed correctly, it enhances the look of the K20 without over doing it. 8.5 out of 10 here.

Second, I'm sure it does to some degree, protect the LCD screen, so that needs mentioning since so many people buy these things for exactly that purpose. Hard to rate this feature.

But, finally, my reason for buying it was to make viewing the LCD easier in the bright sun. To be honest, I still struggle seeing the screen in the sun. The protector advertises that is cuts down glare! Well, if it does, I can not see its effect. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and call it a 3 out of 10--perhaps it does cut out some glare, in some situations I've not used it in yet.
05-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I had the ACMaxx back in my Nikon days and I loved it. I'm now using the Zagg ones I believe.

I believe the best way to use the LCD outdoors is the Hoodman Loupe, expensive but man it's awesome (I've yet to buy one for myself )
05-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #15
ntx
Forum Member

I'm looking for LCD screens protections for my K200D. I read something about ACMaxx and Zagg: they look good but what's your experience with them? I look for a quality screen protection like the ones made by Brando (I use them for my cellphone and they are really good and perfectly fit in the device... sadly he doesn't make screens for Pentax DSLR).
I see the ACMaxx on eBay but I can't figure how it's made: it looks like a stiff panel... not a flexible one.

Someone also said there are screen protections made by Pentax: is that true? If so, where I can find/buy them?

Thanks in advance,
Jenner