Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Camera Vests....

Do I need one of these? I am shooting a golf tourney next week, would it be in my best interest to have one of these to store all my crap, will it save me lots of time and headaches or will I just look like a tool wearing one?

04-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cargo pants.
04-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I HATE cargo pants!
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I HATE cargo pants!
But a cargo shirt is OK?

Do you think the place would allow a rolling cart? Even a golf cart with your bag and other equipment strapped on would be good. The tournaments seem to last a long time, so for me, I would be worried about being able to shoot the entire day. Will you be running from green to green to cover not only the leaders, but the other competitors, as well?

Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 04-23-2009 at 05:36 PM.
04-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Dom

You'll look like a tool and there's no where to but you sandwiches and flask of tea. I'd use a backpack.
04-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

*&^% 'em if they can't take a joke

Do I need one of these? I am shooting a golf tourney next week, would it be in my best interest to have one of these to store all my crap, will it save me lots of time and headaches or will I just look like a tool wearing one?
You'll look like a tool because a vest IS a tool - so what?

Do you really care? Its just a bunch of men wearing yellow Bermuda shorts and hats with no top in them, and women wearing culottes and espadrilles with alligators on their shirts. Why do you care what they think about how you look?

Use/wear whatever works best for you - get a Tilley Hat and really complete the picture - and *&^% 'em if they can't take a joke.
04-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

...will I just look like a tool wearing one?
You're worried about what you'll look like.....on a golf course?

Seriously, high fashion and golf are mutually exclusive sports...

04-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Don't shave from now until the tournament ends; arrive at the course with "bed head" and sleep in the pants you wear for the day; wear yellow tinted aviator shades. Nobody will notice the vest.
04-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
Damn Brit

Get a fishermans vest, they're cheaper.
04-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I HATE cargo pants!
I hear you, I don't care for them myself, but when used as they were meant to be and not as a fashion statement, they are useful as hell. Or you can go with the EMS/SWAT look and get some black or navy ones, lol.
04-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Whatever you decide, make sure the Pentax on the camera strap is showing.
04-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
Inactive Account

or will I just look like a tool wearing one?
Don't forget the [authentic] boonie hat... AKA "Hat, Camouflage (Tropical Combat) Type II"

woof!
04-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Don't shave from now until the tournament ends; arrive at the course with "bed head" and sleep in the pants you wear for the day; wear yellow tinted aviator shades. Nobody will notice the vest.
Ahh, the "Hunter S. Thompson" look .
04-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Oh. Well. I'm gonna stick up for the photo vest. Provided you can get one for very little money. I think I got one from a very poplular online auction site for less that $20 close to the end of last year.
With cargo pants anyway, you always have a lens banging against your leg especially on a golf course as you run away shrieking while being chased by a Canada goose.
You are only a tool if the tool box fits. Or if you are sitting in a drawer with a bunch of other tools. Maybe laying somewhere misplaced in the neighbor's garage and not hanging in it's proper place on the peg board where only the tape outline is now.

No. I don't know what I meant by that but it is the mantra; credo if you will of we tools. It's all there in the tool quad-weekly newsletter sponsored by Blackberry, your local cable provider and the goatee look.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 04-24-2009 at 11:12 AM.
04-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I do hope you dont look like this guy on the golf course Camera Equipment Review