Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Oh goodness, bad idea to delete photos based strictly on what you see on that LCD, even if it looks like you have 4-5 similar photos.

In a fraction of a second you will figure out one image is good and the dupes can be deleted, except chances are you will keep the one with someone in the photo half-blinking just enough to look like they came to the wedding drunk.

With an 8 GB and 4 GB card, even shooting RAW, he should be able to take about 500-600 photos and hold on to all photos until they can be reviewed on a large monitor. If you feel you must delete any, I would only delete those that are either completely black or completely blown out.

FYI - RAW is much more lenient/flexible if you have to make adjustments and corrections later.

05-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #77
Veteran Member

I've followed this thread for a while now and hope you'll wow us all. Good luck. Here's some last minute inspiration from a pretty fantastic photographer: Portfolio of Beverly Hills Wedding Photographer Joe Buissink. Award-winning celebrity and destination wedding photography serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and the World.
05-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #78

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Murphy's law!!

Murphy's law is in full affect at my house. My Tamron 70-200 won't focus manually in AF mode. I haven't had it on the camera in a few months. Worked fine before that. Any ideas??? My 18-250 still works fine. Panic setting in! It tries to turn just a tad, but doesn't. Manual works, but I don't know that I want to trust my aging eyes.

Thank in advance!
Tara <--- She not he

Last edited by TYOsborn; 05-09-2009 at 08:19 AM.
05-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TYOsborn Quote
Murphy's law is in full affect at my house. My Tamron 70-200 won't focus manually in AF mode. I haven't had it on the camera in a few months. Worked fine before that. Any ideas??? My 18-250 still works fine. Panic setting in! It tries to turn just a tad, but doesn't. Manual works, but I don't know that I want to trust my aging eyes.

Thank in advance!
Tara <--- She not he
Make sure the contacts on the lens are clean. Make sure the the little slot that couples the lens to the motor in the body rotates freely.

Don't know if you have the motor in the lens or the little slot that couples the lens.

I know you are a she BTW.

05-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #80
Veteran Member

If those two options don't work and this lens is in need of repair, set your K200D to manual mode and make sure the "Superimpose AF Area" is on in the Custom Setting menu.

Make sure the "Beep" is on in the Set-up menu.

When you manually focus the lens, the AF point will light up and the camera will beep.

I would also set the AF point to the center.
05-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Hope your wedding went well!

Please let us know!
05-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #82

Original Poster
Yippee! It went awesome! I took about 700 pics. Just got through scanning through them. I'll post a few when I'm done processing them. I'm pretty tickled with myself. I got some awesome shots! All the ones you're supposed to get and some awesome candid and posed shots. I must say though... I now know why the professional wedding Photogs charge the big bucks. Man it's a lot of work!

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart. You guys helped me out so tremendously! I'm sure I wouldn't have done as well without your help. I hope you like the pics as much as I do. Tomorrow is a big day with it being mommy's day and all so I'm not sure how much I will get processed, but I will definitely post a few when I get done.

Last edited by TYOsborn; 05-10-2009 at 07:11 AM.
05-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Great!

How did you fare with your Tamron?

BTW I missread that post. You said it would not manually focus in AF mode. Unless it has a clutch overide, it is not suppose to.

You said it worked fine months ago, so I am assuming it does. There could be a number of reasons as to why it wouldn't.

I'm no lens expert.

My Sigma 28-105 won't focus in AF mode but my Pentax 16-45 will once AF is locked. It will not, however, while it is trying to AF.

I hope I did not confuse you worse than you already were; I know how it goes on the day of with equipment issues.

When I saw you were in panic mode I began to give you an answer quickly.

Also if you plan to shoot weddings in the future, check your equipment days before. The day before is your drop dead point. Even then you could have a malfunfuction the day of. Redundancy is the key here.

I know you know that now. I should have mentioned that; I was so busy giving you pointers.

Glad it went okay, and Happy Mother's Day (assuming you are a mom of course) to you and all of your loved ones.

Let see those pics!

Last edited by res3567; 05-10-2009 at 02:31 AM.
05-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #84

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Great!

How did you fare with your Tamron?
I chose not to use it. Too bad because it takes awesome pics. It will focus in manual, but not in AF. I checked all the connections and cleaned them just to be sure. No go. I decided I didn't want to have to worry about manually focusing with this being my first time trying to shoot a wedding.

Great!BTW I missread that post. You said it would not manually focus in AF mode. Unless it has a clutch overide, it is not suppose to.

You said it worked fine months ago, so I am assuming it does. There could be a number of reasons as to why it wouldn't.

I'm no lens expert.

My Sigma 28-105 won't focus in AF mode but my Pentax 16-45 will once AF is locked. It will not, however, while it is trying to AF.

I hope I did not confuse you worse than you already were; I know how it goes on the day of with equipment issues.

When I saw you were in panic mode I began to give you an answer quickly.

Also if you plan to shoot weddings in the future, check your equipment days before. The day before is your drop dead point. Even then you could have a malfunfuction the day of. Redundancy is the key here.

I know you know that now. I should have mentioned that; I was so busy giving you pointers.
The pointers were greatly appreciated. I only found out about a week before the wedding that they wanted me to do the shoot so unfortunately that left me with no time to get it fixed. I definitely shouldn't have assumed it would work just because it did the last time it was on the camera. I've only used it about 1/2 dozen times. Expensive lens for just a few times huh? Looks like I'll be sending it off to Tamron.

Glad it went okay, and Happy Mother's Day (assuming you are a mom of course) to you and all of your loved ones.

Let see those pics!
Thanks! Happy Mom's day to you too. I'll get some pics posted asap.
05-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #85
Inactive Account

I recently shot my daughters wedding and I'm still complaining~!!!
05-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Studio20 Quote
I recently shot my daughters wedding and I'm still complaining~!!!
Lets see your best shots!

Post them here!
05-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, congrats! Glad it went well.
05-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #88

Original Poster
Here's a few... been soooo busy this week I haven't had much time to convert them from raw to jpg.

Hmm... these look MUCH sharper on my computer. The bride and groom are extremely happy with what I've showed them so far. Good thing they weren't expecting much huh?

Thanks again for everyone's help!
05-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #89
Veteran Member

Check the exposure on that first shot - it looks a wee bit dark.

Congrats on your first wedding. I'm glad you had a positive experience.

I hope you don't mind but I wanted to try one of my photoshop actions on your shot. I then added +0.3 stop. All of 5 seconds of work.

05-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #90

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kunik Quote
Check the exposure on that first shot - it looks a wee bit dark.

Congrats on your first wedding. I'm glad you had a positive experience.

I hope you don't mind but I wanted to try one of my photoshop actions on your shot. I then added +0.3 stop. All of 5 seconds of work.

I don't mind at all! That's how I'm going to learn. It does look a bit better. Thanks!