Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2006, 01:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

*ist DS Grip

I see the Dicain SG-1 grip on eBay once in a while and have seen the website for the Ownuser one as well (haven't seen it on eBay however). Does anyone have any info on reliable North American distributors or when they might be available, if at all?

Dicain

Ownuser

04-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey I looked over the Ownuser FBH-P1 specs and its a two wire thing. The grip contains two AA/CRV3 battery trays which is wired into the "DC In" port at the side. The shutter buttons are wired into the remote control port. However this looks rather...ugly..haha..

but has anyone actually tested one out? I've seen a bunch pop up in some ebay store based in Malaysia with a price tag of $129.99US buy-it-now. The store used to have Dicain SG-1 but they sold out it seems.

With the flash and the old vivitar, its really hard I find to hold the camera in portrait.
04-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Definately interested in hearing from anyone who has used either the Ownuser or the Dicain versions. I'll be wanting one for the K110D.
04-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This thread is a bit old

I finally found the Dicain on eBay a couple weeks back from the distributor (no longer a registered user now though) and purchased it. I love the OEM look to it as opposed to Ownuser which is a bit bulky and well, not so great looking as you mentioned Pete. The Dicain grip is a solid quality product and it works great - makes vertical shots a whole lot easier. It comes with a wired remote which is a great addition as well.

FYI, Mike, the Dicain doesn't make a grip for the K series, but Ownuser did come out with one a while ago. Haven't really looked into it recently since I already have my grip.