Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I've actually got better shoes now than I had when I was doing that: they turned up on clearance somewhere: I'm just afraid I won't be able to twist out of em while I'm so often out of shape.
In case they didn't tell you, check out your pedals, they're almost certainly adjustable. I backed mine off as loose as they would go after I made a fool of myself falling off the bike when I couldn't get free! I've got Shimano SPDs, it's a simple adjustment with a small Allen key. I backed it right off until it was about to fall apart, then tightened it up a half turn.

A biking friend also suggested something that surprisingly seems to work: wax! Every so often a take an old candle stub and rub my cleats and pedals, it seems to make them work a lot more smoothly.

Sorry about the OT diversion, but those two tips made my life so much easier when I got my clipless pedals, I just had to pass them along!

05-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Not sure if anyone suggested a toploader with the Lowepro harness but this might be a solution.

Out of the toploaders available M-ROCK has very nice compact design. Depending on the camera and lenses one of these might fit the bill. They come with two straps so you can create a harness but I think the harness sold by Lowepro is a better fit and more compact. The only thing I do not like about the Lowepro harness are the plastic clips they use. Metal clips would certainly be better. All the M-ROCK bags come with a weather pouch.

Well maybe I should read the OP statement clearer as he stated this was the number one thing he tried and didn't like.

Then maybe I could suggest something like the Kata 3-n-1 10 bag. It can be worn like a backpack but you can cross the straps so it functions like a slingbag for quick access.

Last edited by Rico; 05-17-2009 at 11:28 AM.
05-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
In case they didn't tell you, check out your pedals, they're almost certainly adjustable. I backed mine off as loose as they would go after I made a fool of myself falling off the bike when I couldn't get free! I've got Shimano SPDs, it's a simple adjustment with a small Allen key. I backed it right off until it was about to fall apart, then tightened it up a half turn.

A biking friend also suggested something that surprisingly seems to work: wax! Every so often a take an old candle stub and rub my cleats and pedals, it seems to make them work a lot more smoothly.

Sorry about the OT diversion, but those two tips made my life so much easier when I got my clipless pedals, I just had to pass them along!
Sounds like a good idea: as I recall, I have them set pretty loose as it is, not so they'd be likely to fall off: it's more my own muscle weakness I'm worried about than so much the equipment. I've been wondering if I can get a hold of one of those old training stands: a big problem is I don't get enough exercise, sort of a slight catch-22.
12-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Ultimate5 Plus

Handlebar bag with lid closure, including lockable mounting set, for handle bars with a diameter up to 31,8mm, PVC-coated polyester fabric, inner pocket, shoulder strap, reflector. Optional accessories: map case, GPS cover, internal dividers and camera insert. Bag fits onto KLICKfix mounting by Rixen&Kaul.

Camera Insert for Ultimate Handlebar Bags

Padded nylon camera insert for Ultimate models (sizes M and L), with movable dividers for individual adjustment. Also suitable for Hip-Pack. Not waterproof!
  • height 7.5 in. depth 4.7 in. width 9.8 in. weight 6.7 oz

http://www.ortlieb.com/_anleit/ultimate5.pdf

Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 12-03-2009 at 09:29 PM.