Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rufus T. Firefly Quote
Picked one up yesterday for $14.40. Spare battery for $7.00. Remote F for $2.40. The store still had some grips remaining. Location is Hanover MA.
ok you win cheapest battery grip by far!

Thanks

Steve

05-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #17

Would anyone get one of these cheap BG's for me?
I'd pay you for your time....

I've driven over 300 miles within a week Ritz-hunting, and only thing I found, was a BG3...

I'd like 1-2 of the batteries, and one of the BG2's for my K20D.

T
05-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sharkonwheels Quote

I've driven over 300 miles within a week Ritz-hunting, and only thing I found, was a BG3...

T
Maybe, Shark. I have some health issues and it's feeling like I won't be going far for a day or two, after today, but I wouldn't mind if I can make the timing work out.

I don't have any expectation that what I saw is going anywhere immediately, (this store is not closing, I guess they just got some extras spread around) I notice you have some Optioes, they also had some little Pentax batteries for very cheap.
05-24-2009, 10:57 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Maybe, Shark. I have some health issues and it's feeling like I won't be going far for a day or two, after today, but I wouldn't mind if I can make the timing work out.

I don't have any expectation that what I saw is going anywhere immediately, (this store is not closing, I guess they just got some extras spread around) I notice you have some Optioes, they also had some little Pentax batteries for very cheap.
Well, if you're not doing well, saving a couple bux on camera gear is not worth risking health for.
However, if you do get out, it would be most appreciated. I could immediately paypal the $$ over if you have paypal, plus a little some-some for the trouble. If not, I can priority mail a check over.

As to the batteries, if they have a D-LI8 cheap (Optio A40) I wouldn't mind...that's been "commandeered" by the wife

Actually, if the stuff is available in Atlanta, a pointer would help - I have 1 cousin in Atlanta, and another near Valdosta (in Lake Park).

T

05-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #20

T
I probably picked up the last grip in my area (north of Boston). As for the battery,
I think it's the NP400 battery that's on clearance, not the OEM DLI50 types, though I wasn't able to locate a store that had the NP400 is stock. Make sure to ask for NP400 (for Minolta). Don't mention battery for pentax k10d/k20d at all; you'll get the usual 'none on clearance' reply.
05-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yeah... I managed to pick up a Pentax 540 flash for $244.00. Way better that what they run for.
05-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #22

My problem, is the Ritz' and Wolf's in S. Florida didn't stock much Pentax gear at ALL to begin with

T

05-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, if you're not doing well, saving a couple bux on camera gear is not worth risking health for.
However, if you do get out, it would be most appreciated. I could immediately paypal the $$ over if you have paypal, plus a little some-some for the trouble. If not, I can priority mail a check over.

As to the batteries, if they have a D-LI8 cheap (Optio A40) I wouldn't mind...that's been "commandeered" by the wife

Actually, if the stuff is available in Atlanta, a pointer would help - I have 1 cousin in Atlanta, and another near Valdosta (in Lake Park).

T
There are plenty of Ritz and Wolf stores closing in and around Atlanta, actually: I'd had the impression there were some in nearer-to-me-towns, myself, but I proved mistaken (or possibly too late) I suspect that possibly they transferred some of that stuff over to the one near me. I'm pretty sure one of the little batteries they had was the DLI8 (possibly 18, but I think that's just how I read the number.

Anyway, it might be a little bit before I get out, but I don't mind, when I do. I just really overdid it yesterday. I was desperate for some new clothes and wasn't quite up to it. If your cousin can go look around, maybe they'll be a bit faster for you, maybe find some other stuff or even some of those even better prices. I don't want to disappoint you if I'm slow enough to miss this one (and if it's in fact the only one there. )

There's a link on this page that shows where the Ritz and Wolf closings around are here: Ritz Camera to Close More than 300 Stores Nationwide; Store Closing Sales Scheduled to Begin April 4

Almost all of them are clustered in or near Atlanta by the look of things (Also, watch out for the fact that the Georgia ones are split up by a few South Carolina ones, ) You could maybe look em up and call around, too.