Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #1

Seculine Action Level

I'm so tired of ending up with pictures that are on a slant. I know this topic has been addressed before. In Shutterbug magazine I saw two ads that dealt with this problem and was wondering if anyone had used either of these two products.

1. Seculine Action Level (interfitphotographic.com). I was wondering,if this is actually a good product, if it might work better than 2. (below) as it states on their site that "sensitivity can be adjusted for slant degree".

2. Ross Hinged Camera Level (cameralevel.com). This one is much more simplistic(but sometimes that can mean better). What makes me think the first one may be better is because of being able to adjust for slant degree.

Any thoughts or comments on these two products. Thanks. Kim

05-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you considered one of those hotshoe bubble level thingies? They're cheap and work great.

06-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
Actually the Ross Hinged Camera level I asked about in my original post (#2) is a bubble level that fits in the hotshoe. It goes for about $40. The reason I thought maybe the first level (Seculine) might be better is because in a discussion of this problem someone brought up the fact that sometime the camera itself may be slightly off and therefore if you used one of these devices you would need to be able to adust the degree of slant. The Seculine sells for just under $50 I believe.
06-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Supposedly the K-7 has electronic horizon levelling. Good thing too, as apparently they can not align sensors mechanically very well (in either of my 2 bodies).

A bubble level would be difficult when not used on a tripod.

Thank god for the leveling tool in Elements.

06-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by canyontraveler Quote
Actually the Ross Hinged Camera level I asked about in my original post (#2) is a bubble level that fits in the hotshoe. It goes for about $40. The reason I thought maybe the first level (Seculine) might be better is because in a discussion of this problem someone brought up the fact that sometime the camera itself may be slightly off and therefore if you used one of these devices you would need to be able to adust the degree of slant. The Seculine sells for just under $50 I believe.
The hotshoe bubble that soccerjoe showed can be had for as little as $3. Certainly a better price than $40-50. I've got one myself, and it works great for tripod work.