Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
2 more cents... I've used the Nikon AS-15 with a K200D, no problems - but only to trigger one flash, not multiples.
Read my post above, the Adapter was not the problem.

05-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
LOL, I've decided that I better laugh at this instead of getting annoyed.

Back from B&H today and I returned the PC cord that didn't fit into my monolight.
Now the new pc cord I got comes out easily from the hot shoe adapter so I may have to tape it. One problem though the only way the flashes fire is if after taking a photo I unplug and replug the wire into the hot shoe adapter, really weird.
06-01-2009, 03:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NYpHoToGraphEr Quote
When I go back on Sunday it will be the 4th time and hopefully the last.
Also after the fourth time I will have spent $16 on metrocards.
Another $20 or $30 and you could have had Chinese wireless delivered right to your door.
06-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Called B&H and told them I want to return the Monolights...10% restocking fee for selling me
broken monolights. Woohoo. So let's recap: The lights were $200. Metrocards in total will be $20. I lose $20 (10%) in restocking fees.

06-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NYpHoToGraphEr Quote
Called B&H and told them I want to return the Monolights...10% restocking fee for selling me
broken monolights. Woohoo. So let's recap: The lights were $200. Metrocards in total will be $20. I lose $20 (10%) in restocking fees.
Some monolights have grounding problems when triggered via the PC sync port of a DSLR. I don't know why (simply forgot the explanation), but it also affected some top brand units. The solution was to have a certain sequence of switching on the camera, make the cable connection and switching on the monolights. The easier solution was to use a radio trigger.

Ben
06-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
Some monolights have grounding problems when triggered via the PC sync port of a DSLR. I don't know why (simply forgot the explanation), but it also affected some top brand units. The solution was to have a certain sequence of switching on the camera, make the cable connection and switching on the monolights. The easier solution was to use a radio trigger.

Ben
So you think getting wireless triggers will solve the problem?
Where can I get wireless triggers that have a small pc plug-the monolights
don't have the regular size hole, it's much smaller.
06-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #22

If you want to go the cheap wireless route, though not 100% reliable, the new Cactus V4s have the small pc jack on the receiver. I say not 100% reliable as some have had problems getting them to fire consistently, though I haven't had a problem in the 25-30ft range with mine. I got mine from gadgetinfinity.com for $39.95 plus shipping. This includes one transmitter and one receiver. These are fine for me as I won't lose my paycheck if they don't fire consistently a couple times in a shoot.

06-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. Sorry I didn't update the thread before.

I returned all the gear- the light kit,pc sync cord,adapter. Even when it did fire
I realized that I am much more comfortable using constant fluorescent lights, so
when I can I will buy this:

Interfit | Super Cool-lite 5 Two Light Kit | INT117 | B&H Photo

but at adorama because they have free shipping and it's in stock.