Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cowboy Studio?

Does anyone have any experience with this company? I am a little amazed at the pricing - a little too good to be true? I am looking for a complete studio kit (two softboxes, backdrop support) and there pricing seems to be the best so far.
CowboyStudio Photography Equipment | Camera Accessories
Thanks!

05-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not sure. I bought a few things from OBN without any problems, seems to be a similar sort of outfit. Your mileage, of course, may vary.
05-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Forum Member

They are legit. I live right up the street from them. I can't say anything about the quality of the lights though. The only thing I bought from them is a shoot through umbrella + stand + flash holder for $30. Wasn't bad at all...
05-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
Ari
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Andrew G and Levelred:
Thank you so much for your input. I think I am really leaning towards the full kit at CowboyStudio because of the price and the gear it includes. I am trying to be as minimalist as I can with light (mostly due to funds) and have been watching lighting videos incessantly. I'll make sure I post my experiences with their service and quality (since I haven't been so confused about anything as much as I have about studio lighting since eighth grade algebra.......)

05-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought a couple of umbrella mounts for strobing and they broke the first couple of times I used them. If you're looking for a cheap eBay seller with better quality, I'd look at "oeccamera".