Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just Bought the 360FGZ any Tips??

Hi. Just bought the 360 and am working my way throught eh k20D manual and the Flash instructions, seems to have plenty of versatility but am still trying to set it up and the flash s not throwing out much light so will have to make a cup of tea and a packet of cookies and lay on the couch with the flash and the k20D "Good way to study eh"" I am using the Pentax DA 16-50mm lens. Anway if anyone has the same set up and would like to stop me midway through my packet of cookies It would be a great help, take it easy all!!. Best regards. Kevin

05-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

I think there is a conspiracy of all copywriters to keep all flash manuals as confusing as possible (it took me about two months and visits to multiple forums to figure out how to get my metz to work as a slave).
Try to find succinct questions about what you want to do and type away in multiple forums. Flashes are the DOS of the lighting world.................
05-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin1961 Quote
Hi. Just bought the 360 and am working my way throught eh k20D manual and the Flash instructions, seems to have plenty of versatility but am still trying to set it up and the flash s not throwing out much light so will have to make a cup of tea and a packet of cookies and lay on the couch with the flash and the k20D "Good way to study eh"" I am using the Pentax DA 16-50mm lens. Anway if anyone has the same set up and would like to stop me midway through my packet of cookies It would be a great help, take it easy all!!. Best regards. Kevin
Kevin,

I was just out side with my new AF360FGZ and my K20D with a 16-45mm attached (sound familiar) :-)

I'm having trouble using HS mode, must I be in manual in the camera for the aperture to stay where I set it and then adjust the shutter for effects ?

wll
05-31-2009, 04:56 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ari Quote
I think there is a conspiracy of all copywriters to keep all flash manuals as confusing as possible (it took me about two months and visits to multiple forums to figure out how to get my metz to work as a slave).
Try to find succinct questions about what you want to do and type away in multiple forums. Flashes are the DOS of the lighting world.................
I agree with you, they don't make them easy do they. I will have to do some more tests but I think I have it now, talk about a walk around the houses!!. One quick thing I have been trying to upload an image to my profile, it states in the forum 120 x 120 or 64 KB image size. I have tried down to 40 KB and an image size of 80 x 80 and it still comes up as Error image size failed?? any ideas. All the best. Kevin

05-31-2009, 05:14 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Kevin,

I was just out side with my new AF360FGZ and my K20D with a 16-45mm attached (sound familiar) :-)

I'm having trouble using HS mode, must I be in manual in the camera for the aperture to stay where I set it and then adjust the shutter for effects ?

wll
Hi WII. Sorry I can't help you on this one. I have thrown the manual for the flash in the bin which I think is the best place for it!. The pentax manual is just as crazy to read about flashes as it refers to so many cameras and not so much on the K20D which the manual was printed for. If I work it out I will get back to you. Mind you, you think this flash is a pain, try the Canon Speedlite EX580 that will blow your head off hahahaha!!. Happy shooting. Kevin