Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2009, 06:26 AM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WheresWaldo Quote
Blue,

I have a cheaper version of the same monopod, gave up on it as it was just too flimsy at eye level to hold my K20D and any bigger lens. The belt clip idea is really a nice feature and it worked as advertised. Finally went with a "real" monopod, Benro MC-66n6. I think I picked mine up at the local Best Buy.
It well work on any monopod. I use the above because of compactness and the fact I used it extended enough to reach my belt and form a triangle with my body, often sitting on a picknic table bench, bench seat, chair, jeep seat etc as well as sitting on the ground. It stores in tight places as well such as under my Jeep seat. It wouldn't do me any good standing in the corner of the closed. When I need heavier supposrt, I get out the slik or manfrotto tripod. I have looked at some heavier monopods and will eventually get one to compliment the current one. However, this setup was to help out with macro shots.

07-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #47
jem

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
When I use it with the A 400mm, I attach it directly to the lens. The belt clip came with the monopod. It takes a little getting used to but then it is great.

Edit: When not in use, the belt clip attaches to the key ring where the strap is attached to it.
I'm going to give the brace a try - just ordered one. Thanks again for the info!
07-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How long is that shoulder brace at it's shortest length? I've got short arms so it needs to be short enough that I can still get my eye up to the viewfinder.

I've also thought about this as a support that could work well whether I'm propping it up on a rock or against me similar to the shoulder brace:
Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 331 Monopod Support Bracket | 331
The only possible downfall of this is that it comes with a ballhead attached; as long as I can remove it and use my regular ballhead, then that wouldn't be a problem.

Since I don't generally wear a belt, a clip or belt pouch won't help me. I've thought about replacing the foot with this one:
Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 677SC Suction Cup with | 677SCN

Thanks!
Heather
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At its shortest, it is 9 inches from the surface that rests on the shoulder to the tripod bolt. There wasn't anything special about the monopod I use except that it works for the way I want to use it which is why I leave the brace on there all the time and its nice that it folds up compactly.

07-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #50
jem

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
It well work on any monopod. I use the above because of compactness and the fact I used it extended enough to reach my belt and form a triangle with my body, often sitting on a picknic table bench, bench seat, chair, jeep seat etc as well as sitting on the ground. It stores in tight places as well such as under my Jeep seat. It wouldn't do me any good standing in the corner of the closed. When I need heavier supposrt, I get out the slik or manfrotto tripod. I have looked at some heavier monopods and will eventually get one to compliment the current one. However, this setup was to help out with macro shots.
Just got the brace and I have to say that I like it! It give me a very firm feel when using the macro that I didn't have before with the bare monopod. I'm going to try it out with the 300mm tomorrow to see how I like it with a tele. Thanks again for the info Blue!

Last edited by jem; 08-23-2009 at 08:13 AM.