Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #16

i just got 3n1-10 for a trip coming up. so far its been great. only real criticism i have so far is that there are no pockets on the front which would be nice for additional accessories. overall extremely comfortable bag to wear (and thats whats most important i feel). also b/c of the way its designed, it is a little trickier to get lenses out than a traditional backpack (but you can do it with the kata still on, which you cant do with a normal backpack)

i didnt choose a sling because of people complaining after a while the one strap starts to weigh down a lot. the kata can sling if you want it to, but i found that its fairly easy to wear as a standard backpack and still swing in front of you (albeit with a little less stability than if you were wearing it in the cross-X/sling mode) and get your camera out.

06-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I have the 3n1 20 bag and I really like it so far. Although there are some things I would improve. There needs to be more Velcro on the walls of the bag so that you can have more configurations. Some outside pockets would be good too, as mentioned earlier. I only wish that I had bought the 30 instead of the 20. I am maxed out on what I can carry with the 20.

I really like that the bag can be a backpack or a sling bag. It takes only a moment or two to change from one to the other. I also like that the bag will stand up on its own when set down.

BTW I never carry any liquids or powders in my bag. Even with the weather seals on the K10D I don't take any chances.
06-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I like my Kata DR-465 but I wish they had made provision to strap on a tripod or monopod on the side.
06-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I like my Kata DR-465 but I wish they had made provision to strap on a tripod or monopod on the side.
Hey Creampuff,

I've strapped my tripod to my Kata DR-465 with no problem. Check out this link and scroll down half-way. There is a monopod strapped to the pack, but you can do this with a tripod as well. For extra security, you can add some kind of velcro strap to secure it to the top handle of the pack. I've found that I don't need anything else to help keep it secure.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/nepherim/SPJCFmbllBI/AAAAAAAAEng/DLypcWRO8eE/s400/PA123535.jpg

06-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #20

the kata 3n1 tripod holder fits a lightstand and umbrella very nicely for any strobist . oh or a tripod.
06-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner0427 Quote
Hey Creampuff,

I've strapped my tripod to my Kata DR-465 with no problem. Check out this link and scroll down half-way. There is a monopod strapped to the pack, but you can do this with a tripod as well. For extra security, you can add some kind of velcro strap to secure it to the top handle of the pack. I've found that I don't need anything else to help keep it secure.
That little zip out pocket is badly designed imo. Just too flimsy and can barely hold my monopod, what more a tripod. A redesign is needed... oh well it is a cheap backpack...