Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looking for a Laptop+Camera backpack

I'm looking for a Laptop+Camera backpack. I have a 15.4" widescreen laptop and generally small-sized camera equipment (see signature). I would prefer it to be as small as possible. Has anyone got any recommendations?

06-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a Lowepro CompuDaypack and it's OK. There's not a lot of room in the camera section, especially if you've got a long lens but with your kit I don't think you'd have a problem. There's a nice slot for a 15" widescreen laptop, I have a 15" MacBook Pro and it easily fits with room for a magazine or folders. The accessory compartment doesn't have a lot of organization helpers. There's a couple of small slots for pens and cards but it's pretty cavernous for power cords and such. I got a really good deal on it and needed it for trips where I wouldn't necessarily need to "backpack" with all my gear, more like luggage to get my stuff somewhere and unpack it. I'd recommend finding a place where you can check them too. Good luck!
06-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

check out this thread.
06-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #4

I had the laptop bag first, so I use this Tom Bihn Brain Bag with a Brain Cell in the back section and Tenba Insert in the front section.

I can tell you it doesn't advertise laptop or camera. It's also my favorite set-up for walking around fully loaded since the bag is ultra comfortable. Tom also stands behind his bags like no other bag maker.

06-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I have a Kata DB455 that is pretty decent.
06-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Check out the Think Tank Shapeshifter: Professional photography equipment - camera bags, camera cases - from Think Tank Photo

It's pretty darn revolutionary.

You can compress the bag when you take out the stuff and shoot, leaving your back with a much more compact bag with the laptop in it. The way you store your stuff is pretty unique too.

Quite expensive though, but you'll understand why when you get your hands on and try out their bags. Everything from the material to zippers and all are the very best.
06-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think of all the ones I've seen I'll be buying the Lowepro Fastpack 250, I just hope my laptop will fit.

06-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The Tenba shootout backpacks are made for carrying a laptop + camera gear. Might wanna check those out.
06-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I was the author of the other thread they referred you to... I think the Crumpler bags will best suit me (once I raise the funding).
06-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think of all the ones I've seen I'll be buying the Lowepro Fastpack 250, I just hope my laptop will fit.
I have this backpack and my HP 15.3 laptop fits just fine.
06-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
Forum Member

I have a Kata 467 and love it. Fits my 15inch laptop with room to spare, the camera with lens, four additional lens/flash room, and a top area good for even more stuff.

Good luck with the choice

Oren