Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Eye Cup

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Could not find any results in the Search
Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket Eye Cups.. like this one:
Eyecup Eye Cup for Pentax *IST SP MZ *istd *istds on eBay.ca (item 330307708472 end time 13-Jul-09 13:07:06 EDT)

Are these any better than the original eye piece on the K20D.
Mine has ripped and when looking for a new one I found these.
Any advise would be appreciated

06-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've already ripped one on my K10d. Did a little research and while I might have been able to get them cheaper like on EBAY, I ordered two more direct from Pentax. However, you could consider something from HoodMan:

HoodEYE-Hoodman Corporation

Tim
06-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
pbo
Veteran Member

Hey, Tim, I also ripped one on my K10D - when I just got the camera, thought it was the way it was supposed to come off, you know
Anyways, there's one almost similar on ebay - search "pentax FO". The tricky part is that eyecups consist of two parts - two plastic and a rubber part (and screws), and rubber parts are identical, while the plastic part from ebay eyecup is a bit loose when on camera. The thing I did was replace the torn rubber part from my original cup with ebay's rubber part - and voila! it looks the same, feels the same, and sits solid on camera, just like my original FP eyecup (FO is supposedly for K2000, but the way I did, it works well on K10D, too).
06-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
pbo
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Could not find any results in the Search
Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket Eye Cups.. like this one:
Eyecup Eye Cup for Pentax *IST SP MZ *istd *istds on eBay.ca (item 330307708472 end time 13-Jul-09 13:07:06 EDT)

Are these any better than the original eye piece on the K20D.
bwield, I have one of those - I won't recommend them, they fall too easily from camera; the one I had also had loose screws - but that's easily correctable.

06-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
bwield: Are these any better than the original eye piece on the K20D.
I have not used those, but love the aftermarket one I got with my KPS 1.35x magnifer. It seals my shooting eye from light outside the viewfinder, causing my pupil to dilate, making manual focus much easier.