Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rechargeable batteries for DSLR?

How long does these batteries last from recharge before they die out? or am I just better off keep buying real AA batteries that are nonchargeable?

07-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Depends on wether you are using the flash or not.
It is usually a quite sizeble number as compared to your regular disposable batteries.
Use hybrid batteries rather than your regular NiMH rechargeable batteries as you would get more shots on the Hybrid NiMH batteries (usually labeled "pre-charged") than just the regular NiMH.
07-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Lithiums

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
How long does these batteries last from recharge before they die out? or am I just better off keep buying real AA batteries that are nonchargeable?
If you go non-rechargeable, use lithiums, not alkaline.
07-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yeah I think the K2000 that I bought comes with four Energizer Lithium's. I am probably going to buy a 4 pack Sanyo Eneloop pre-charged with the charger and another 4 pack Sanyo Eneloop without the charger.

Amazon.com: Sanyo Eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargable Batteries w/ Charger: Electronics

07-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
How long does these batteries last from recharge before they die out?
You mean how many shots are possible with 1 recharge or how much time before you have to dispose them?
I use Varta ready2use batteries, I get around 5-600 shots from them - with several days or weeks between two "shooting session", so the batteries spend a lot of time unused in the cam. Average lifespan of these is 2-3 years minimum, even if you (properly) recharge them every day.
07-02-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by simico Quote
You mean how many shots are possible with 1 recharge or how much time before you have to dispose them?
I use Varta ready2use batteries, I get around 5-600 shots from them - with several days or weeks between two "shooting session", so the batteries spend a lot of time unused in the cam. Average lifespan of these is 2-3 years minimum, even if you (properly) recharge them every day.
I have several different makes of these hybrid rechargeables and they work very good with a much better storage life, than the usual NiMh. The Varta ready2use and the Uniross modells are my favourites, as I have (without doing a scientific test) the feel, that my flash guns get out more falshes of those than out of the Eneloops. I don't use them in cameras, as neither of mine takes AA batteries. I can easily use the hybrids two weeks after the last recharging, whereas the standard Ansmann NiMh I mostly use need to be recharged every four days or so.

Ben