Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2009, 04:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Source for "Timber Toppers" or Alternative

Years ago, most photo equipment catalogs, hardware stores, and so on, sold a product called "Timber Toppers." These very inexpensive spring-loaded grey metal caps, manufacturered by Brewster, slid over the end of 2x4's cut slightly shorter than ceiling height, with both then wedged between floor and ceiling to jointly create a sturdy support for studio backgrounds, lights, and so on. They were also quite handy for creating temporary shelves (primary use outside photography) and similar. Rubber gaskets helped to avoid marring the ceiling.

Sadly, now that I once again have a use in mind, it appears these things (along with the manufacturer) have entirely disappeared from the market. Does anyone know where I can purchase "Timber Toppers" or a very similar alternative online?

stewart

06-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Timber toppers

I have 8 used Brewster Timber Toppers and 1 new Timber Topper I would like to sell. Please advise if you are interested.

The timber topper fits over the end of a standard 2x3. I used 8 of them to support 4 large free standing full length mirrors.

Walter Holt
locnleave@comcast.net
South Eastern PA, near Philadelphia
06-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Timber Topper Clones $25.00 del'd -- $25 - photo.net
Posted Feb 26, 2010; 02:57 P.M.

Thank you
Russell