Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are going to use a glue, I wouldn't use anything all that strong, and not a lot of it. Maybe a white glue (paste may work even better). Definitely wouldn't use anything like super glue. Two sided tape may also be ok if you only use a very small piece.

12-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #32

Hi,
What is "Two sided tape"?
Regards.
Malsi
12-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Sticky on both sides.
12-17-2009, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #34

D-BG2 Repair

Hello,

had the same problem with bend pins.
Thanks to Jodokast96 for nice and helpful photos and tips.
Unlike Jodokast96, I HAD to open the pin housing, and will post some photos and tips.
Regarding step 3 from Jodokast96, it is not necessary to remove the plate.
In step 6 I chose not to remove it, only the two screws and then you have the pin housing in your hand and can operate freely with it.
The springs don't pop out, but be very careful no to loose any, you won't find this tiny springs. If you remove the orange which is attached with adhesive tape, you will see this: forum1.jpg
Now you have access to the springs and pins and can repair that.
See pic forum4.jpg and forum5.jpg with the pins still inside and only the springs removed.
Then you can attach the orange plate back. I used Tesa adhesive tape, double sided. This is a adhesive tape for photos to attach in an album, it is very strong (just like the original adhesive tape I removed), is quite thin and double-sided and should be easily available in shops.
In forum3.jpg you see how I used the adhesive.
In pic forum2.jpg the pin housing is re-attached

That's it, I hope this will help you. I repaired my BG and I'm very happy

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D90  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D90  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D90  Photo   
12-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
Sticky on both sides.
Great, thank you very muck.

michaelrs, thank you for your photos .

Malsi
12-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Y'all are amazing. I had one bent pin on my grip that I was rather annoyed by since it was the one for the front dial. But I didn't want to take the grip apart for the single pin in case I ruined it. However, with the fine photos on this thread and tips from others, I managed to disassemble and reassemble my grip in about 2 hours. I had to make two attempts because the first time it refused to power on. Turns out the brush contacts for the power/aperture preview switch can get tangled up when removing the exterior case. For anyone else who tries don't be alarmed if your grip won't power on or respond. Just take the two pieces off and see how the 6 wires from the on/off switch look. There should be three groups of two, with none of them touching from what I can tell.

Also note that the little leaf switch and screw that Jodokast96 points out is a real pain. Taking that screw off and having to put the shim/insulator back in place without breaking the wires is a real time waste. Note that there's a very small shim/washer on the screw itself too, it is easy to drop/misplace. But the ease of access once it is out of the way is worth it I think. ymmv.

Thanks all!
12-31-2009, 06:17 PM   #37
Forum Member

does anyone have the picture of the pinout for the grip?? referenced in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/64828-k20d-grip-connector-pinout.html

I have a pin that won't make contact, and if i can determine what it does, I can maybe swap it out for another whose function I wouldn't use (AE-L).

edit: maybe more than one aren't contacting... my grip "works" now, but my dials on it don't. However, AE-L, of course does. LOL

Last edited by xixco; 12-31-2009 at 06:47 PM.
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Something different from me. I knocked my camera against a corner or something, and cracked the door of the battery grip. It still locks and functions fine, but the weather-sealing is compromised. Has anyone ordered a replacement part from Pentax and fixed it themselves, or do I send the entire unit back for repair? Thanks!