Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-M/K2000 strap too thin.

My K-M/K2000 strap is too thin.

Yesterday when I was walking around the mall with the strap on my neck, I walked past another person who was wearing a Nikon strap on their neck and it was huge with the words NIKON right on it. I thought it looked really cool.

I was wondering if the K-M/K2000 could fit a nicer and better strap from other Pentax cameras? Such as the K10D strap or so.

07-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
pbo
Veteran Member

I find OP/TECH loop strap to be pretty good. It's very wide and soft around the neck area, and does not slip when it's on the shoulder. You can also wind it on your hand - at least, that's what I do most of the time lately.

Edit: Oh, and also you can connect-disconnect it quite easily, it consists of three parts, one that actually rests on the neck, and two that are connected to camera loops. They connect with each other with sockets
07-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I use Op/Tech for all my cameras and binoculars.

By default, I carry the camera with a strap. If I know that I will be carry the camera for the whole day, then I also wear a harness. The connect/disconnect feature mentioned in pbo's post makes it a snap (yes, pun intended) to move the camera from the strap to the harness. My neck is forever thankful.

If I'm carrying a backpack, I can easily attach the camera to the backpack straps.

Once in a while, I need to carry two cameras. The Reporter strap makes it possible. At $17, who can resist? (You don't have to carry two cameras with it, BTW):

Op/Tech Reporter Strap

Personally, I'm not a fan of camera strap with big company name on it.
07-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I use the OpTech super classic strap. It is a wide neoprene strap.
There are some straps sold on ebay (neoprene too) with the Pentax logo.
I haven't actually tried or seen them in person but there are some that look good (in the pictures).
..another thing, there are more aftermarket straps for Nikon or Canon and that is what you might have seen.
There are some advantages too to a narrower strap as I can remember when I shot film, my Nikon had an average sized strap and I used to wrap it around my hand/wrist which worked more like a hand grip strap. It held pretty well.
The Neoprene straps wont be able to do that.

07-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 for various OpTech products, though for light cameras, my favorite is the Lowepro Speedster, (generally ebayable) ..unless you're using any beastly lenses, it should be quite enough to spread the weight, and they're the best thing I've ever found for keeping a lighter camera from sliding around or escaping. Domke makes some similar straps with a bit more variety, as well.