Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Want To Last Longer?

I thought that would be a great tease for some of you. But I am really opening another fantastically boring discussion about the Impact IMDL150 batteries.
I got mine from B&H a little more than two years ago and it just recently began failing, not holding a full charge and depleting after only less than two hours or probably 200 shutter actuations. I can just say that last month the thing would perform for a much longer duration.
Does anyone have thoughts about the demise of an Impact Pentax DL150 replacement battery?
Of course it seems that I am being petty and perhaps have questionable expectations. This battery saw more use than the Pentax battery that came with the camera and would typically be depleted from use and recharged twice a month so it seems to have had a short lived life in my estimations. Yeah it was used more often and for less cost than the Pentax battery or for the equivalent of alcaline batteries and I do have some of the really cheap Chinese batteries ready to step in the game, so why bother with this one any longer? It's in the past. But like a few other topics and discussions on the forum, I am simply interested in the experiences and opinions of others.

07-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I never tried the Impacts; went with the Konica/Minolta NP-400s @ $10ea. It's almost 1yr now on them and so far so good. *crossing fingers* for longevity...
07-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I've had some of the off-brand batteries for my little Lumix and now for the Pentax, ....they aren't as good after a while, but still a fair price, I think. OEM is clearly superior after a while, but the others work their fifteen bucks' worth, no worries, to me.
07-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And has anyone had their Pentax D-L150 batteries fail yet?
I know we should not relate the cost with how well it performs. That is to say, if you have one of the $10 batteries and it lasts for a year then consider it money well spent and get another $10 battery. But this my Pentax battery is about one month older than the Impact and may have seen just as much use in the first year as the Impact but less use once I got the grip and third battery just before Christmas.
I guess I would expect the batteries to last more than two years but have no argument for a phrase like "It was just it's time to go."