Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Best place to buy memory cards in Singapore?

So I've been travelling raound the island and I've still have yet to buy a SDHC card. I've been thinking of buying one from Sim Lim Square, but I'm kind of afraid that I'll buy a counterfeit card. Do you guys feel that counterfeit cards are a problem in SG? If not, then there is this store in Sim Lim Square called Best Priced Computers or something like that which have good memory card prices.

07-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you like Kingston memory cards, the place to go is Best Bargain on Level 5 at Sim Lim Square. Cheapest and most reliable. You can look out for Sandisk at most shops there too. Not likely to find counterfeit cards or memory there nowadays because the penalties are severe. These shops they are volume sellers and it is not worth their while to get into trouble for such a small item. Don't buy memory from any camera shop because they won't be able to offer as good a price as a computer shop. Best to compare prices before buying. Know that it is a tourist trap, so if you do your homework (Clubsnap & Hardwarezone price guides) you're not likely to get ripped off. If you're looking for photo gear, Orient Photo on Level 6 and maybe Alan Photo on level 1, the only two shops that get consistent reliable ratings.