Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Forum Member

Multiple 360 FGZs

I have a K20D and two 360FGZs and access to a third. I want to fire all three flashes wirelessly.

What I have tried;
1) Set the camera's on board flash to master, set the two 360s to slave, set channel 1 on both flashes. Sync the Camera to Channel 1 and set the on board to wireless mode. Set both flashes to first curtain sync. Turned them on to wireless and attempted a frame. Result: only the flash that was 'synced' with the camera and the onboard fired.

2) Same as above, Only I set the on board flash to controller. Result; only the 'synced' flash fired.

3)mounted one of the 360s on the camera hotshoe, set that flash to master. Result; both flashes fired .... I don't acutally have the third 360 to see if the mounted 360 can master two other flashes.

So... can I fire two or more 360 FGZs using the camera flash as the master/controller, or will I need to have the 540 to do this... or it is not possible to have more than one wireless flash.

If the above can be done... any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

07-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have no issue using the on board flash to fire two 360FGZ. Are you sure both flashes are set to slave (not controller or master), set to wireless, set to the same channel, and can both "see" the on board flash?

Thank you
Russell
07-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok.. so I figured it out. One of the flashes did not have the "slave" value set properly. You set that value by holding the "Light" button for two seconds.. then hit the Set button. This cycles the flash from "Slave 1" to "Slave 2". According to the manual... for the flash to properly operate in wireless mode for the *ist, MZ cameras the flash Should be set to "Slave 1". Use "Slave 2" for other wireless systems/Cameras.

Thanks for checking Russell... at least I realized that there was nothing with the setup. I was worried I would have had to get a 540..