Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone have a Calumet backpack?

I have been browsing the smaller Calumet backpack (model BP935), which seems very nice and relatively affordable. But I cannot find any proper info on its size - particularly the inner dimension?

If you happen to have can you measure it for me and please give your experience using it.

07-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I've spent the last few days searching for a good backpack for a K10, grip and big lens, and the usual crap I carry around and have looked at -

Jack Wolfskin Outdoor Clothing, Footwear & Equipment - Jack Wolfskin ACs Photopack 24 - Phantom

this Jack Wolfskin pack - too small and not well thought out.

This from Lowepro -

Lowepro - Fastpack 250

which I like a lot.

But the Calumet bag looks well worth looking at. It looks, from the pictures, a lot bigger than the Jack Wolfskin bag, and of course the Lowepro comes in a larger size as well.

I'm on holiday in Ambleside, in the English Lake District, and this whole area is flooded with outdoor shops stocking every imaginable bit of outdoor gear. Shops like Gaynors probabably have close on 150 hikers backpacks on display, but I have only found 2 shops that between then carry a total of 3 camera backpacks, all at grossly inflated prices.
Surely there's an untapped market here? do they think that photographers don't walk and carry stuff ? ( like the guy at Summitreks who was so ignorant and patronising that I will never go there again )

I know these bags are all available at a good price online, and we can send them back if we don't like them. But I like to see the product and try my camera in the bag. Looking at the Jack Wolfskin bag online I thought it was perfect, but it wasn't the bag for me.

Who carries STOCK in the UK ?