Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K200d & Phottix remote trigger

Hi

Just got my Phottix Remote Triggers, but can only get them to trigger when the camera is in automatic mode - is there a setting that I should set in the camera to get this to work in manual mode? The package didn`t come with any instructions

Any advice would be very helpful!

08-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You could search YouTube as there are times a "show and tell" of devices such as these.
How about posting a photo of the device you got?
08-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is this the trigger you speak of:

YouTube - The Phottix Cleon Wired / Wireless Remote Control in Action
YouTube - Phottix Cleon wireless / wired remote for Canon digital SLR cameras

Last edited by WheresWaldo; 08-03-2009 at 10:23 PM.
08-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Ahh - sorry! Made a big mistake here! (English is not my native language, and I was a little tired when I first posted).
It`s not a remote trigger like the one in the youtube-links, it`s a remote Flash-trigger, here is the url from Phottix:

Phottix PT-04 II Wireless Flash Trigger with 3 Receivers

08-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by atrox Quote
Ahh - sorry! Made a big mistake here! (English is not my native language, and I was a little tired when I first posted).
It`s not a remote trigger like the one in the youtube-links, it`s a remote Flash-trigger, here is the url from Phottix:

Phottix PT-04 II Wireless Flash Trigger with 3 Receivers
that is why I said that pcitures would help to identify it.
08-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

They are also called V2 flash triggers.
Here is a complete description on them as sold by Gadget Infinity with all the compatible flash: Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Flash Trigger :: 4-Channel Wireless Flash Receiver V2

The newer flash triggers are the V4's.
There were issues with the mount of these triggers as they would sometimes get broken off due to the very slim "L" plate.
08-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

If you are looking for a cheap but reliable flash triggers, I suggest you read both of these threads:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/62915-youngnuo-ctr301-review.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/55350-cactus-v4.html

08-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member

It should fire in any mode. I used triggers on *Ist DS, K100Ds, K10D and K20D and they fired in any mode. If you have a simple single pin flash with safe trigger voltage (less than 30V) you could try if that flash fires in different modes.
09-28-2009, 04:48 AM   #9
Forum Member

Hi all,

I have some kind of similar problem with Phottix Tetra.
I cannot make my Flash (AF-360 FGZ) to trigger at all in any of the flash / camera modes. I have tried setting my camera from auto to manual (all modes in between) and Flash set to TTL, A and M - but none of the combination worked for me.
Phottix Tetra should be compatible with my Flash (at least they say it on packaging) and as far as I know my camera too (K200D).
I can see red light on both trigger and receiver flashing when I release shutter, however my flash isn't firing at all.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ions Quote
Hi all,

I have some kind of similar problem with Phottix Tetra.
I cannot make my Flash (AF-360 FGZ) to trigger at all in any of the flash / camera modes. I have tried setting my camera from auto to manual (all modes in between) and Flash set to TTL, A and M - but none of the combination worked for me.
Phottix Tetra should be compatible with my Flash (at least they say it on packaging) and as far as I know my camera too (K200D).
I can see red light on both trigger and receiver flashing when I release shutter, however my flash isn't firing at all.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
Make sure your shutter speed does not exceed X-Sync, 1/180" on the K200D.
09-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WheresWaldo Quote
Make sure your shutter speed does not exceed X-Sync, 1/180" on the K200D.
It does not

Yesterday I have tried it on AF-540 FGZ and same situation there - flash does not fire.
Today I've visited dealer store and we have tested my trigger/receivers on Nikon sb600 (i think) and it worked perfectly.

So there is one option left - contacts of Pentax flashes (360 and 540 i had to test) do not reach contact on receiver. I mean they are a bit (1mm or less) too short. So I have to think of something that could connect both contacts or simply give it back to dealer and use wireless flash capabilities that are provided by Pentax with both k200d and af360fgz

anyway - thanks