Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2009, 05:41 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
the remote control f ,seems to work the same way as the shutter button,as in you have to hold the button in for the duration needed,
seems ok

ade

08-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #17

well the remote seems to work fine if you hold the button in...and you must make sure that you aim the remote at the camera!!!!! all the time.
1 min @ bulb...obviously!
Attached Images

Last edited by cheekybear; 10-24-2009 at 09:49 AM.
08-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Thanks cheekybear - looks like I might have to shell out unless I can modify one these cheepo's. Had quick look for the data sheet on the chip inside but no joy so far.

Nice idea about the ipaq - but a little bit sledge hammer to crack a nut for me. I actually have a couple of compaq 2010c' s knocking around which I suppose could be pursuaded to do the biz if I can pluck up the motivation to flex my programming skills in that direction!

Actually what we need is a Pentax firmware mod - press once to open shutter - press again to close - are you listening Pentax?
08-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigtench Quote
Nice idea about the ipaq - but a little bit sledge hammer to crack a nut for me. I actually have a couple of compaq 2010c' s knocking around which I suppose could be pursuaded to do the biz if I can pluck up the motivation to flex my programming skills in that direction!
The software runs on WinCE as well, it doesn't have to be an ipaq,

QuoteQuote:
To run this program you need to have a mobile device with Pocket PC, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, IR interface, and MS .Net Compact Framework 2.0.
You could install a DOF calculator on the units as well to make more useful. Maybe add a moon phase application and of coarse you would have a calculator to do flash calculations.

Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 08-22-2009 at 02:18 PM.
08-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cheekybear Quote
the remote control f ,seems to work the same way as the shutter button,as in you have to hold the button in for the duration needed
If you still want to use a remote, the one to get is the Pentax Remote C.

As you can see, it come in two parts, the controller and the lid. The lid is designed to attach to the neck strap. You can see the slots in the protrusions in the lid in the photo.

The first protrusion on the left is over the shutter button when the lid is closed. The top of the protrusion is also just large enough to drill a 1/4 inch hole in it. A 1/4-20 nylon nut, cut down, and filed square can be mounted in the underside. It was easier to use an exacto saw blade to cut the nut to thickness than file for me, but you can do it with just a file. It is then a matter of screwing in a nylon bolt to hold the shutter button down. It is a good idea to cut the nylon bolt to just the right length so that when screwed all the way in, it just presses down on the button.

I did this when I first bought K10D because I didn't want to buy the Pentax wired remote as it was too expensive. It was only later when I learned of the cheap wired remote alternatives that I abandon the use of the Remote C for bulb use.

A couple of years ago, the Remote C was $3 on Amazon, it seems the stock must be running thin, as the price is now up to $20 .

Thank you
Russell
08-23-2009, 02:39 AM   #21

i see what you mean only two screws, different model,question is does ir run the same ir code as the reomte f? someone out there might know,its strange how prices differ!!!
as for my cheapo tv remote,i got the code programmed in that one by accident so i dont have a clue what the ir code is.
as you can see by the screen saver clock i had the second hand showed up quite nicely,but im not sure about the life of the battery if your going to constantly hold the button down!
08-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cheekybear Quote
I'm not sure about the life of the battery if your going to constantly hold the button down!
A practical alternative is the wired Pentax CS-205. Works great and requires no batteries.

One of the reasons I never considered the K2000/K-m is that Pentax took away that shutter release port.

08-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #23

ok... i now have my timed switching circuit built,and i worked first time!!

Adjustable Timer with Relay Output
Order Code: VT27E
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=25224

or mk111 velleman kits
Velleman Inc.

just thought id share that!,obviously its easier for people with a WIRED remote!
cheers all
ade

Last edited by cheekybear; 08-25-2009 at 01:44 AM.
11-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #24

and

it all went quiet??? no comments for quite some time
12-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #25

Remote options

Hi Cheeky, looks like you've sorted everyones problems, well done.

I've recently bought a K-M and was looking for said remote release options and just because I have an iPaq laying around I'm going to give that a go. I can get one from fleabay for around £8 which is a multi purpose model covering Canon, Sony and Nikon too.
03-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #26

Cheeky, you are using the timer board to drive the separate pentax shutter release? Did you resolve that the pulse time = exposure time (i.e. remote functions as bulb)? Have you found that the 60s max pause specification on the controller is correct?