Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #1

Pentax AF-360FGZ with Pentax K20D

Hello All,
I am having problems with the photographs being underexposed when I use the K20D with the AF-360FGZ flash. The photographs are a lot better with the built-in flash on the camera.

I use the external flash exactly according to the instructions in the flash manual (P-TTL, Auto Zoom etc).

Could someone please help with why my photos are underexposed when using the external flash but seem to be OK when using the built in flash.

Please help.

Thanks,
PK

08-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Things you may want to check is that the battery is fully charged, or put in a new set.

Check that your flash does not have EV turned down, which may low the exposure.

What metering do you have on? What mode you shooting in?

Probably some more info & samples would help determine the issue.
08-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PrasKulk Quote
Hello All,
I am having problems with the photographs being underexposed when I use the K20D with the AF-360FGZ flash. The photographs are a lot better with the built-in flash on the camera.

I use the external flash exactly according to the instructions in the flash manual (P-TTL, Auto Zoom etc).

Could someone please help with why my photos are underexposed when using the external flash but seem to be OK when using the built in flash.

Please help.

Thanks,
PK
Mine acts exactly the same way. Built in flash is fine, but the 360 exposure in P-TTL is erratic, with most being under exposed. I wouldn't mind using "auto" if some genius designer or programmer hadn't decided that "auto zoom" should not be available in "auto". (but auto zoom does work in "manual". Go figure!)
08-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I find most of my flashed shots requiring around +0.7 FEC to boost exposure.
Try this and see if it makes any difference. If so, I'd keep it as a permanent setting on your camera.