Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Large battery charger?

I'm looking for something to recharge my AA's I use for my flashes. I would like to find a 16 or 20 AA charger if possible. I would also like it to come without the manu's batteries as I have my own.

On another note, I see that Eneloops have a large following here. I use Kodak rechargables (easy to get- Walmart, and 2500 mah). Would I see much difference in switching from Kodak's to Eneloops?

Thanks,

RD

08-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SCguy Quote
I'm looking for something to recharge my AA's I use for my flashes. I would like to find a 16 or 20 AA charger if possible. I would also like it to come without the manu's batteries as I have my own.

On another note, I see that Eneloops have a large following here. I use Kodak rechargables (easy to get- Walmart, and 2500 mah). Would I see much difference in switching from Kodak's to Eneloops?

Thanks,

RD
If you get the Kodak that says "pre-charged" on the packaging, then it would be the same as the eneloop.
I forgot what color it was but I think, these (Kodak) are the whitish ones and not the light green ones.
The light green ones are just the regular NiMH batteries and the eneloop kind are better than these.
08-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Walmart sells both types of Kodaks although most of the time, the pre-charged type are always sold out.
It should be on the Photo section of walmart and look for the ones that says pre-charged.
I think they are the ones packaged with the simple charger.
The ones that aren't packaged with the charger are just regular kodak NimH and not the same ones as the eneloop.
08-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Where the heck is Blackville, nevermind I found it.

You will be hard pressed to find a good charger that will do more than 8 cells. Look at the Maha/Powerex MH-801D it can handle 1 - 8 AA or AAA cells and will treat your batteries with care. They are available from Thomas Distributing.

08-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WheresWaldo Quote
You will be hard pressed to find a good charger that will do more than 8 cells. Look at the Maha/Powerex MH-801D it can handle 1 - 8 AA or AAA cells and will treat your batteries with care. They are available from Thomas Distributing.
Yes, the Maha/Powerex IMHO are the best. I have two, and yesterday I charged the 8 AA's in my K200D and battery grip in one charger, and the 8 AA's I carry as backups in the other.

Used the slow charging option. Great chargers !!!

wll