Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

"Green Clean" Sensor Cleaning System.

These dust specks are giving me a FIT!! , and I HAVE to do something about them. Today, I went to my local camera store and purchased the "Green Clean" vacuum system ($80). The salesman claimed it to be the best solution, but I would (honestly) like something which would be a little more portable. Besides, I now understand that the swabs are more expensive for this system, as opposed to others. I haven't used any of it yet, and need to know this: what other - more compact, but quite effective - sensor cleaning system could I get for my camera? (one that would, hopefully, be cheaper too).

05-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
nathan,
just go HERE and order this kit. it and a blower is all you need.
i think it's about $27usd delivered. i've been using it for 2 years and haven't come close to using 1/2 of it.
05-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
nathan,
just go HERE and order this kit. it and a blower is all you need.
i think it's about $27usd delivered. i've been using it for 2 years and haven't come close to using 1/2 of it.
Thanks Roy, but I am afraid that I must keep the system that I have. Something told me to check the backside of the receipt, to see if there was any info on their return policy. Sure enough, there was. Chemicals cannot be returned, and all other items can be returned for store credit only. So it looks like I have bought into an expensive cleaning system - not only in the sense of initial costs, but in the concerns of replacement wands also. Next time I won't be so hasty .

Oh well...now I get to see just how good this system is.