Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #1

Shutter Release for K-7?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi I'm new to the forum and just getting back into photography.
I just bought a Pentax K-7 and would like to get a shutter release cable for it.

I have a older Pz1p and a Cable Switch F that works fine.
Can I get an adaptor for it to work with the new connection on the K-7?

From looking around my only other options look like..
Pentax Cable switch $100
Amazon.com: Pentax Electronic Cable Switch for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras: Electronics
Off brand one $30
Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Shutter Release Cable :: Timer Remote Cord for Canon / Pentax / Samsung

Any advice on other options or if I can get an adapter for my cable switch F?

09-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wisco Quote
Any advice on other options or if I can get an adapter for my cable switch F?
I've bought a couple of ebay remotes. Hard to go wrong for $4. I also own the timer remote from Gadget Infinity you posted. It's a nice unit if you plan on using its features. I bought mine from Dealextreme. If you go for the timer remote, I would see if the shipping would make the one from Gadget Infinity more expensive. Dealextreme can be pretty slow to ship however, so don't ever buy anything from them you will need right away. Actually it can take a month or more if you purchase an item they don't have in stock. You have to be really laid back to be happy with dealextreme.

Once you decide on a remote, be sure to add a flag to the plug to make getting it out of the camera easier. This is just one inch gaffers tape. A hole punch and a pair of scissors is all that is needed. This really helps if you've got old fingers, or wear gloves in the winter.

Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 09-13-2009 at 05:40 PM.
09-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are a ton out there for less than $10. Look at Ebay or dealextreme.com.
09-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice!!!
I think I'll try one of the ebay ones out.