Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Adaptor for Minolta/Konica lenses

Is there one and what would it cost? Have a friend with a bunch of Minolta lenses and wondering if I could get any use out of them.

11-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
hmm... well, if there is it would be news to me. I already have my KM 5D w/ two lenses up on Ebay. :ugh:
11-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Is there one and what would it cost? Have a friend with a bunch of Minolta lenses and wondering if I could get any use out of them.
Ask Adorama, they have all sorts of adapters. And let us know!
11-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, No.

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Just as there is no Canon EOS-to-Pentax K adapter, it is because the register distance on the Minolta lens is shorter than the Pentax lens. Any adapter would have to use another element to allow the lens to focus to infinity and would alter the characteristics of the lens.
Mounting one without changing the register distance would limit the focus to macro range.

Which lenses does he/she have? If they're good enough, it is worth it to just get a Minolta. (Or sell it to someone who does...ahem...)