Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Monitor Calibration

I know I need one, its becoming very obvious to me, but which one. I was just on the Pantone site looking to order some color palettes when I finally put 2 & 2 together, they make the Huey. Anyone have any input on monitor calibrations?

05-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #2

Don't leave home without it! If you ever expect to print your photos you MUST have a calibrated monitor to get the output you expect! I just upgraded to the Huey Pro (software only needed from a Huey, apparently!) because I use a MacBook and a 24" wide screen LCD main monitor and need BOTH calibrated.
Until I get to true large print fine art printing, the Huey Pro does it fine.
Rob W
05-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I know I need one, its becoming very obvious to me, but which one. I was just on the Pantone site looking to order some color palettes when I finally put 2 & 2 together, they make the Huey. Anyone have any input on monitor calibrations?
try this link, Buddha http://https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/image-processing-photo-tips/1072-a...alibrator.html
If there is any other way I can help, please feel free to ask

cheers

randy
05-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Buddha,

I just got the Huey Pro from Amazon, and am very satisfied. It did a good job of correcting my cheapo, 19" LCD.

Now, I just need a bigger monitor...

Cheers,
Daryl

05-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

For me it is a must. I use Huey on my monitor and I have also profiled my printer to work with the same colour settings. You can't go wrong.

Cheers

Eddie
05-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
MacDaddy - That brings up another good question, I run two monitors on my setup, will that make a difference?

Thanks everyone, and Randy, I am reading it now.
05-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #7
Pentaxian

There are also free monitor calibration tests on the web.

05-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #8

Buddha, I have been using the Gretag-Macbeth Eye One Display 2 for a few months now and am very happy with the results that I am now getting from my prints.

The calibration process is extremely simple and painless.
06-07-2007, 08:23 AM   #9

Another vote for the Huey. I don't have the Pro version, which supports multiple monitors. Can't believe the difference this makes and my prints now match what I see on the screen which is totally amazing! What I paid for my Huey I save by not wasting quality photo paper.
06-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Add one more vote in the Huey pile. I like how it adjusts the settings as the room light changes. Prints now match monitor display very closely.