Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #31

This thread was just what I needed. WAY too many choices out there for me to narrow it down and as soon as funds come in for accesories then I'll get the FL_Gulfer special.

Feisol CT-3441T Tripod & the PC-33NS and one of the monopods for more mobile use.

10-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #32

I posted a short review of the new Feisol CT-3441T here:

New Feisol model CT-3441T vs. small Gitzos - FM Forums

and one of the Photo Clam PC-33NS ballheaad here:

Photo Clam PC-33NS vs. Markins Q3 Traveler - FM Forums

I'm using my PC-33NS with the small Gitzo 1541T Traveler tripod and I'm getting a slightly larger PC-36NS for the Feisol.
12-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
any pics of this setup ?

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I received my CT-3441T about a hour ago and all I can say is WOW!!! The PC-33NS Clam Head as smooth as silk. I'm glad I spent the extra money for a great system. If anyone is looking for a great set-up and lives in my area...stop by and check it out. It was $544.00 with 2nd day shipping.

Thank You Thank You Thank You everyone.
Hi there, been thinking about tripods recently and read the tripod review sticky 2nite, noted that some balheads can get a bit close to the legs for comfort (i.e. might scratch). Do you have any pics of your tripod+head combination both folded and unfolded please ?
12-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunneruk Quote
Hi there, been thinking about tripods recently and read the tripod review sticky 2nite, noted that some balheads can get a bit close to the legs for comfort (i.e. might scratch). Do you have any pics of your tripod+head combination both folded and unfolded please ?
Check my avatar. That's a set of Manfrotto 055B legs and the Manfrotto 0168 ball head. The ball head uses levers rather than knobs. The 0168 has the hexagonal quick release plate. That's what they had when I was in the market for a good tripod, having purchased my M 400/5.6. There is a lever to lock the ball. Tension can be adjusted by the amount I move the lever. The second lever is a pan lock. The whole head above the mounting plate will turn without any up/down movement with the ball locked and the second lever unlocked. It's great for panoramas, provided I level the legs perfectly. It's old, and does not have any levels. They would be very nice, but the rig has worked quite well for over 20 years now.