Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
small 'non-camera' camera bag -- anyone tried a cartridge case?

Hello - I'm looking for something that doesn't scream "photo gear" so I thought this cartridge case might work - anyone tried it? For 1 dslr (+lens) +2 primes

10-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
D W
Veteran Member

Yes, any bag will work.
Look around the internet and you can find companies selling padded divider insert to help protect you equipment
10-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I use a messenger bag (normally used for university books) with an insert (similar to Tenba's messenger insert). It screams "student", not "camera". And the insert fits perfectly (I believe those bags and inserts are standard). Got my insert from eBay before hearing about the Tenba. I believe the Tenba is probably sturdier.

When hiking I use a good hiking backpack with water pouch and similar features, and a Domke SLR insert. Fits perfectly and the backpack can carry my tripod in a side pocket, too.
10-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #4

I can vouch for the quality of the bag linked in the original post. I use one for the charger and other cables from my Panasonic Toughbook laptop and it's very well made.

10-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After trying a range of solutions I am now with bdery - two or three bag solution.

My dad had his spottie and three takumars in an army surplus cartridge bag for decades - For a little less wear and tear I use a shoulder bag day to day, a dedicated Naneupro Adventure backpack for hiking with tripod and laptop and Lowepro aw200 sling for in between.