Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
simply that I dont believe (and im not the only one) that this is not a better soluton in the field than simply quickly swapping lenses.
We are or were talking about how it worked. We were never talking about the applicability of the solution.

You make a lot of assumptions about what I was or wasn't thinking, but you never bothered to read or maybe just understand what I posted. I didn't say I liked the idea, I didn't say how useful I thought it would be, I didn't say it would be faster to use than just swapping lenses, but you still managed to subscribe those thoughts and ideas to me. I was simply talking about the way the unit functions and trying to understand any issues with the principle it is using that I might not see that others did.

If you want to know what I'm thinking, I thinking it might be useful when cleaning the sensor. I usually don't clean my sensor in the field, so your arguments about setup and take down are pretty secondary to whether it really does help with dust.

For my time spent in this thread, I have the issues others have seen so far boil down to, it might not really work, and it's too much trouble. Wow, enlightenment.

Thank you
Russell

10-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Sensor cleaning 101:
Run dust check routine to see if sensor needs cleaning.
If no, go have a beer.
If yes: take lens off camera, open shutter using sensor cleaning menu option.
Blow off the sensor using the compressed gas method of your choice.
Turn camera off, run dust check.
If sensor is clean, have a beer.
If sensor is not, repeat compressed gas cleaning method.
Check sensor for cleanliness.
If clean, go have a beer.
If not, it's probably wet clean time.
I really don't see how any of this needs to be done in what may or may not be a dust trapping bag, but I surely don't want to be fumbling around with one while I'm fumbling around inside my camera.
10-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I really don't see how any of this needs to be done in what may or may not be a dust trapping bag, but I surely don't want to be fumbling around with one while I'm fumbling around inside my camera.
I suppose if all I could do was fumble around, I would be wary too.

Thank you
Russell