Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #31
Banned

I could not imagine carying around all that stuff everytime I wanted to take photographs... how you people do that is beyond me.

10-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #32
graphicgr8s

I use a Walmart plastic bag.
10-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by c.r.brown Quote
Always prepared for a zombie apocalypse, eh?

I carry a Crumpler Daily 600 (I think it's called a billion dollar home stateside). It can take all my gear (1-2 bodies, 3-4 lenses, 1-2 flashes) in addition to a laptop, a tripod hanging off the side and accessories. It's pretty much impossible to lift then, of course I take what I need depending on where I'm going.

The bag is large (comically so on someone petite) but I've taken to carrying it to work every day without the camera insert - it's a very comfy, well made thing and can take a whole lot of stuff.
10-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by PolishMike Quote
Always prepared for a zombie apocalypse, eh?
"In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

QuoteOriginally posted by PolishMike Quote
I take what I need depending on where I'm going.
Basically. On most days the flash, flash batteries, extra batteries and the film holders aren't with me. I also get away with only one lens and subtract the cleaning kit. This was just a worst case about town, which still isn't too bad.

10-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I could not imagine carying around all that stuff everytime I wanted to take photographs... how you people do that is beyond me.
Normally I carry a stuffed Pentax sling bag. Occasionally I carry a small shoulder bag with one body, a zoom and a prime. Invariably at some point I wish I'd brought the sling bag instead of the day bag.
10-18-2009, 05:38 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I found a Pentax Sling bag at BestBuy here and had a chance to compare it to the Lowepro version. I went with the Pentax bag. I liked the compact size of the bag and the ability to fit quite a bit of stuff in it. To me, the Lowepro bag seemed to big for my needs.
10-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I use the Lowepro Rezo 170AW. I fit my k200d, my all my lenses, Metz 48 flash, my quikbounce, batteries, cable release and a few other things in there. It's getting a little tight. I need a new bag. Little hard on the back when things get so heavy.

10-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #38
Voe
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tamrac Velocity 7x when travelling light.
Lowerpro Slingshot 200AW when travelling with lots of lenses.
10-27-2009, 12:50 AM   #39

I use a Billingham Hadley Pro. The Pro because it has a handle. I put my M 24-35, 85/2, 120/2.8 in there with cleaning stuff and wallet/phone etc in the front pockets adn teh main compartment has an MZ-3 with 35/2 attached in it while I always hold my LX + 50/1.7 combo. Film goes in the main compartment too. When needed I put some Pentax gel filter holders + gels in the front pockets too. Everything fits very comfortably.

I even got away with using the same bag holding a 45/4, 105/2.4, 165/2.8 and extension tubes for my P67II and holding the 67II with 75/2.8. Film and filters all fit too. I even had a Lee filter holder and filter in there! I schlepped this lot around the UK and Italy on our honeymoon. Not comfortable but managable

In fact this bag can cater for just about any system I have, apart from large format. It used to house my Nikon kit before I switched to Pentax.