Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Off Brand Vagabond?

Alright, I have a very specific item I want, and Im not sure of where to look to find it.

I have a set of 160 WS strobes, small, but very powerful, that I would love to use in the field along with my K10D and 4x5 Camera.

The thing is, they need power. And the plugs are standard household plugs.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a "relatively" cheap battery system that could power them, such as the Vagabond system, but again, maybe not aimed at a niche market and cheaper?

Thanks for any ideas!

05-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

A deep cycle battery hooked up to an inverter. Attached to solar panels at home so that the battery can charge when you aren't using it.

Dont know how practical that would be, but a 4x5 view camera takes long enough to set up, so you would probably have the time so pull the battery with you.

Its what we use when we go bush so we can run the laptops and charge the camera batteries.