Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Rant: Samsung's battery grip SBG-D1V - collector's item?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

3 days ago one of these precious things sold on ebay - for 160€ (~$230)...used! SAMSUNG SBG-D1V Battery Grip Batteriegriff TOP OVP bei eBay.de: (endet 11.10.09 20:18:07 MESZ)
Seriously - WTF? 160€+ for some molded plastic rubber and some metal for the screws and some circuitry. Yeah, totally worth $200.

If I wanted I could just get a whole new camera for the price of this stupid accessory. WOW! it has a second shutter button and a fancy wheel that causes the camera to freeze if it isn't in full step.

Anything more than 50€/$70 is unreasonable to me for such a "featureless" thing. But with photography as a hobby this isn't a new thing (~$30 for some engraved piece of plastic?).

Before you find on of these on ebay there are 3 SMC 2/28 lenses (yeah, not really).
How much did Samsung produce of them: 1000 worldwide?

If I could I would just go for one of the cheap china-made imitates. But since Samsung camera owners are in such an exclusive club there are no other manufacturers of these things.
The only thing that is left is to mutilate one of these Pentax-grips to fit my Samsung.
This is one of the reasons my next Pentax has to be a "real" Pentax.

The reason I want such a thing: actually all I want is the grip in battery grip. Oh - and to look "pro".
Half an hour with the GX-20 (K20D) with 16-50 or 2.5/135 and Metz 48 and my hand hurts. If I had the means I simply would make my own of wood or plastic - but I don't have the machines or knowledge to do it myself.

If there is anyone willing to pay that much: Samsung GX-20 Battery Grip GX-10 Original Samsung DSLR bei eBay.de: Digital Camera Accessories (endet 16.10.09 14:05:12 MESZ)

10-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
does the pentax grip not fit?

they can be found very cheap!

Steve
10-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 5teve Quote
does the pentax grip not fit?

they can be found very cheap!

Steve
No. The body of the GX-20 is not a perfect match to the K20D.
10-15-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Gmarket SBG-D1V ₩110,000 ($ 96.83)

Flickr: Discussing Which Batterygrip for GX-20? in Pentax K20D / Samsung GX-20

QuoteQuote:
You can find some mail order service from Korea. It should be cheaper than 200€ even included international shipment. Their webpage has English version and Korea version. So the ordering should not be a big problem. I ordered one battery grip SBG-D1V from "Gmarket" last week. Total cost include express shipment to HK at around US$95. Now I am waiting for my grip to come this week.
QuoteQuote:
My SBG-D1V just arrived my desk. It is the original one with warranty sheet. It took five days to ship from Korea retailer to me (actually it was three days Korea domestic delivery and one night cargo freight from Korea to Hong Kong).
Don't know anything other than what is posted in that thread, and have never bought from the site.

Thank you
Russell

10-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I "re"found this site which shows the GX-10 with Pentax' DBG-2 attached - it may work but it looks stupid. And you have to cut down the grip's edges to allow installing it on a Samsung. D-BG2 battery grip doesn’t fit Samsung GX-10 | PentaxLife

I know GLXLR on here also has a GX-20 and also made a "cheap" Pentax-grip fit his GX-20 by mutilating it.

Well, this Gmarket link has a way better price than what I found elsewhere but I have never heard or read of this side and I'm always sceptical when it's about money.
These $96,83 would be ~65€ right now which is relatively cheap - but what about import fees and taxes?