Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

DIY LumiQuest style 80/20 performance

I have read quite a bit about the LumiQuest 80/20 bounce accessory and was interested in trying one our. But they cost like 40 bucks so I decided that I would try and make one my self to see how it performed. At $7 for materials and about 4 hours later I had a really crappy looking copy. (please be kind about my sewing and xacto knife skills)

So how does it perform? here are some examples, my models were thrilled...

80/20 with full reflector (ignore focus issues)

DIY 80/20 no reflector:

Straight bounce off ceiling no 80/20:

All in all I think I like the results and will probably pick up an official LumiQuest copy once i have been laughed at a few times running around with the ghetto version...

Last edited by mtroute; 10-17-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
copy, diy, lumiquest, reflector, tripod