Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2010, 04:47 AM   #61
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I bought another item from them last week and I haven't been notified of any updates or confirmation as to shipping the item when. the only notice that I received is my confirmed payment. I'm going to file a paypal complaint late this evening if I still don't receive any emails from them tonight. fwiw, I'm quite disappointed with their non-responsiveness.
I'm in the same boat as you, the payment was confirmed on march 16th but i've only recivied my order confirmation mail from them (the site state the payment was confirmed but didn't recieved a notice, only from paypal).

I contacted them a couple of minutes ago using the ticket system on their site and by sending an e-mail to them.
I see you managed to found their number, may you please sent a PM to me with it?

p.s. if interested i ordered the focusing screen, a couple of filter and the macro tube set

Last edited by matam; 03-22-2010 at 06:38 AM.
03-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by matam Quote
I'm in the same boat as you, the payment was confirmed on march 16th but i've only recivied my order confirmation mail from them (the site state the payment was confirmed but didn't recieved a notice, only from paypal).

I contacted them a couple of minutes ago using the ticket system on their site and by sending an e-mail to them.
I see you managed to found their number, may you please sent a PM to me with it?

p.s. if interested i ordered the focusing screen, a couple of filter and the macro tube set
hi matam, their contact number is indicated on the electronic paypal transaction details. I was about to file a resolution when I glanced at the whole transaction receipt. the only odd thing I saw there is that my shipping address is missing or is not available. anyway, once you call, they will ask you for your order number for verification. I got an email from them an hour or so afterwards indicating my shipment tracking number.
03-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #63
Inactive Account

Thanks for the help Pentaxor!
Ii didn't need to phone them because they did answer to my e-mail sayng that the item left their warehouse on the 17th.
Using the traking-number i got it says the package left HK on the 22th.

When i recievie the package i'll post a short review (more a comparsion between the double 45 and the stock matte screen) so i can contribute to the thread rather than keep posting OT stuff
03-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #64
Forum Member

I ordered a Jinfinance Split Image Focus Screen. So I'm waiting now.

I'm still interested for a review of focusing screens from link-delight-na

03-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by WheresWaldo Quote
That's because the double was not available 2 years ago.

@All double owners.
It would sure be nice is someone could review the double and add it to this thread. To get the viewfinder picture I just used a cheap Casio point & shoot held up to the viewfinder.
Here's a short review, including the viewfinder picture:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/72081-jinfinanc...reen-good.html

Well, I'll include the viewfinder image from that thread:

All credit to spystyle - I hope he doesn't mind!
03-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by Eugene-S Quote
Interesting, this appears to be the same as what Jinfinance is offering. But LinkDelight includes the tweezers and finger gloves with the screen (I was never able to figure out what Jinfinance charges for these).
04-14-2010, 05:54 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
okay, just bought one double split from LinkDelight, for my K7... 15€...

Will let you know how it went with stop-down lenses.
04-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
okay, just bought one double split from LinkDelight, for my K7... 15...

Will let you know how it went with stop-down lenses.
Great! Please post a review here when you get a chance.

Did yours come with the tweezers?

Also, how did your order yours? I sent a question via their website several weeks ago, and haven't yet heard back.

04-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #69
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by photogerald Quote
cut...
Did yours come with the tweezers?
..cut
yes it have two pair of it , metal and plastic one, and the one delivered to me is a Travor branded screen click for a pic of it shims are not included (at least for the k100d/k200d/k-m version).
Judging from pictures, to mee, it look the same as the jinfinance screen.
I had no problem using it till f8 (didn't try it with higer f numbers).
Installation was very easy, for fitting in my K-X i had to remove the original shim and applied some tape on the focusing screen (pentamirror side) to achieve perfect focus.
04-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #70

QuoteOriginally posted by matam Quote
yes it have two pair of it , metal and plastic one, and the one delivered to me is a Travor branded screen click for a pic of it shims are not included (at least for the k100d/k200d/k-m version).
Judging from pictures, to mee, it look the same as the jinfinance screen.
I had no problem using it till f8 (didn't try it with higer f numbers).
Installation was very easy, for fitting in my K-X i had to remove the original shim and applied some tape on the focusing screen (pentamirror side) to achieve perfect focus.
Sounds great! Thanks for your feedback.
04-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #71
Veteran Member

What's the safest way to clean focusing screens? Wash it with water?

Is Ec-B still your favorite screen to use?

Any chance there will be a review of Katzeye?

I've tried the Travor and JinFinance screens and was not overly impressed by either. Looks like Ec-B from focusingscreen.com is next. But at that price, I might as just well get a Katzeye....
04-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
What's the safest way to clean focusing screens? Wash it with water?

Is Ec-B still your favorite screen to use?

Any chance there will be a review of Katzeye?

I've tried the Travor and JinFinance screens and was not overly impressed by either. Looks like Ec-B from focusingscreen.com is next. But at that price, I might as just well get a Katzeye....

well, the Katzeye is about 60-70 dollars more. without the optibrite solution, some people say it's the same focus screen as the one at focusingscreen.
04-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #73
Veteran Member

well, the Katzeye is about 60-70 dollars more. without the optibrite solution, some people say it's the same focus screen as the one at focusingscreen.
My memory might be hazy but the Ec-B from Focusingscreen is $74 or so. Lower end Katzeye is about $100. But if the non-optibrite version is the same, there's no use throwing away $26.

Will the optibrite Katzeye prevent split screen blackout? That might be worth the extra $50 during night photography.
04-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
My memory might be hazy but the Ec-B from Focusingscreen is $74 or so. Lower end Katzeye is about $100. But if the non-optibrite version is the same, there's no use throwing away $26.

Will the optibrite Katzeye prevent split screen blackout? That might be worth the extra $50 during night photography.
that's right. although there are cheaper variety of different designs as well around $40 bucks. mind you that for a few bucks, it would already include a gridline. katzeye asks for $40 additional for the brackets.

the question about optibrite is how often you shoot during night photography. having optibrite is very good for slow aperture lenses. however, you may also encounter a few problems with it during daylight using fast lenses as it appears too bright in the viewfinder and may be difficult to focus at the smallest level due to loss of contrast.
04-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #75
Veteran Member

that's right. although there are cheaper variety of different designs as well around $40 bucks. mind you that for a few bucks, it would already include a gridline. katzeye asks for $40 additional for the brackets.

the question about optibrite is how often you shoot during night photography. having optibrite is very good for slow aperture lenses. however, you may also encounter a few problems with it during daylight using fast lenses as it appears too bright in the viewfinder and may be difficult to focus at the smallest level due to loss of contrast.
Is there an Ec-B version available for $40? I don't see it... it's only available for $73 or so.

I'm a bit confused about the loss of contrast due to optibrite. I imagine it can only be better, not worse for daylight photography. I just shot a few in a dark restaurant today and my Jin Finance screen was not easy to work with. I feel like an upgrade is in order.