Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #46

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I also do prefer a dual diagonal split. my only issue about it is that it doesn't have the gridlines which I often use as area reference points. I could had gone with the diagonal for only $23 including shipping for a much simpler focus. also the possibility of getting a lemon is also a hassle.
When you say dual diagonal split, are you referring to the one in this post? I've only used the single diagonal split back in the film days, and am curious as to the benefits provided by the dual diagonal split. Thanks.

Jinfinance Split Image Focus Screen is good :) - PentaxForums.com

03-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photogerald Quote
When you say dual diagonal split, are you referring to the one in this post? I've only used the single diagonal split back in the film days, and am curious as to the benefits provided by the dual diagonal split. Thanks.
Yes, that's the one. as to the benefits, a 2nd split focus reference would make it more obvious if your focus is more dead on.
03-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
Yes, that's the one. as to the benefits, a 2nd split focus reference would make it more obvious if your focus is more dead on.
That makes sense. Would you happen to know what camera this screen was originally made for?
03-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photogerald Quote
That makes sense. Would you happen to know what camera this screen was originally made for?
unfortunately no. but it does fit all the camera brands that they are designed for.

03-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
photogerald: When you say dual diagonal split, are you referring to the one in this post? I've only used the single diagonal split back in the film days, and am curious as to the benefits provided by the dual diagonal split. Thanks.

Page Not Found - PentaxForums.com
I love my diagonal split-prism. I got mine form jinfinance too, but it is a single diagonal. I did not see the double diagonal when I bought, 2 years ago.
03-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
I love my diagonal split-prism. I got mine form jinfinance too, but it is a single diagonal. I did not see the double diagonal when I bought, 2 years ago.
That's because the double was not available 2 years ago.

@All double owners.
It would sure be nice is someone could review the double and add it to this thread. To get the viewfinder picture I just used a cheap Casio point & shoot held up to the viewfinder.
03-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #52
Forum Member

Did someone bought focusing screen from here?

Double 45° Focusing Screen For Pentax K200D KM O5O2 on eBay (end time 05-Apr-10 05:15:00 BST)

03-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eugene-S Quote
I bought another item from them last week and I haven't been notified of any updates or confirmation as to shipping the item when. the only notice that I received is my confirmed payment. I'm going to file a paypal complaint late this evening if I still don't receive any emails from them tonight. fwiw, I'm quite disappointed with their non-responsiveness.
03-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #54
Forum Member

Huh...Disappointing.

I wanted to buy few things from there, but now i don't know really. Can you let me know when you receive it please?
03-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Huh...Disappointing.

I wanted to buy few things from there, but now i don't know really. Can you let me know when you receive it please?
I'll let you know tomorrow. they got a few hours left before I raise this concern with paypal.
03-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #56
Veteran Member

just found their contact number and phoned them. I guess they weren't monitoring at their website for any orders and checking their emails as well. anyway, they promised to email me back. I'll have my reservations for now til I receive any updates regarding my order. wish me luck.
03-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
WheresWaldo: That's because the double was not available 2 years ago.
Yes, that's what I figured--because when I bought I was very thorough.
03-22-2010, 12:37 AM   #58
Forum Member

I'll try to contact them first.

I also interested in some macro tubes for Pentax that they offer. The price is good, an shipping is free.
03-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #59
Veteran Member

I'll try to contact them first.

I also interested in some macro tubes for Pentax that they offer. The price is good, an shipping is free.
just received the tracking number from them. they said that they packed my order last thursday, but it appears that they just shipped it out today basing from the postal date. I guess they never really checked their website. anyway, I'm glad this is all sorted out although quite a bit disappointed with the amount of time lost waiting for them to send me a notice (5 days). I should had been expecting my package to arrived within this week, either wednesday or thursday by now. instead, I have to wait til next week for it. anyway, I think it is a good idea to call them once you made the confirmed payment. that should hasten things up.
03-22-2010, 01:50 AM   #60
Forum Member

So i will wait then when you post a review about this screen. If its good, i will take it.