Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2007, 06:46 AM   #1

Problem with Graduated Neutral Density Filter

I recently purchased a Hitech soft edge 2 stop graduated neutral density filter and a Cokin filter holder. Hoping someone here can help me out with a little issue I’m having using the filter on my K100D.

My problem is I’m having a heck of a time trying to properly line up the filter. From the information I’ve gathered, I’m supposed to use my depth of field preview button and slowly move the filter into the correct position. But most of the time, the depth of field preview looks so dark and I’m having difficulty seeing the effect of the filter thru the viewfinder to determine where I should line up the filter.

Any gurus out there with experience using GND filters that can help me out?

Thanks much in advance for any helpful replies.

CG

06-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/5568-graduated...-use-them.html

Foolproof. The only times it didn't work was due to user error.
06-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. I tried it - works great!

Appreciate the response.....