Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 LCD screen protector

Are there any quality LCD screen protector for the K-7 that also comes in 2 pieces to protect the back LCD and top LCD other than the one from ACMAXX?

11-02-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
Dom

I use sticky back plastic, it works very well and is harder wearing then the 'proper' sticky screen protectors. The ACMAXX does look good though.
11-03-2009, 12:31 AM   #3

I had a bad experience with the ACMAXX (see attached pic). The ACMAXX is supposed to seal around the LCD screen along the border of the protector, and "float" above the LCD in the body of the protector. In my case I wasn't able to get rid of an air pocket that formed in the middle. I bought it as others seemed to have had good experiences with it so my issue may be an isolated incident.

In the end I ended up going with the regular sticky protectors. I got mine here:

3 Screen Protector Pentax K-7 on eBay.ca (item 380164185071 end time 30-Nov-09 20:25:57 EST)

Seems to generally do the job.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR DIGITAL 2  Photo 
11-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

if you want, you can customize a cheaper but equally effective makeshift screen protector. cut a sticky laminated plastic cover to the size of your back LCD screen and top lcd screen. this particular pressed plastic sheet sticks to your glass lcd screen, so there's no need to apply any sticking or holding solution. it would prevent your lcd from scratches or any unwanted residue on your screen.

11-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beem Quote
I had a bad experience with the ACMAXX (see attached pic). The ACMAXX is supposed to seal around the LCD screen along the border of the protector, and "float" above the LCD in the body of the protector. In my case I wasn't able to get rid of an air pocket that formed in the middle. I bought it as others seemed to have had good experiences with it so my issue may be an isolated incident.

In the end I ended up going with the regular sticky protectors. I got mine here:

3 Screen Protector Pentax K-7 on eBay.ca (item 380164185071 end time 30-Nov-09 20:25:57 EST)

Seems to generally do the job.
That sucks man! Have you tried contacting the seller about this occured defect when putting on your screen?
11-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
FWIW, I could never get the bubbles out of the screenpatronus protectors when I had the K10D...
11-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
That sucks man! Have you tried contacting the seller about this occured defect when putting on your screen?
I did. I was willing to go for an exchange but they didn't seem to want to go that route so I sent it back for a refund, which I never got. I sent it back a day or two after the 7 day policy so I guess it was my fault in a way.
11-06-2009, 05:15 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I use Hoodman for the back lcd and I don't usually worry about the top one. I have never had a problem keeping the top clear. ( I better knock on wood ) I suppose I could cut one down to size.
The hoodman seem pretty clear but I have never tried the ACMAXX. I will have to investigate.

11-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just bought the ACMAXX LCD screen protector set for the Pentax K-7. I will post up a picture review when it comes. Hopefully it won't end up like beem's, I'm pretty sure he was unlucky and received defective one somehow.
11-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
If not too indescrete, who much was the ACMAXX LCD screen protector set for the Pentax K-7?
11-07-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mba1971 Quote
If not too indescrete, who much was the ACMAXX LCD screen protector set for the Pentax K-7?
It's expensive man, under 27 shipped. Hopefully it's worth it.
11-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a remainder supply of Palm Pilot screen protectors. I tape a piece of paper to the back (and top) of the camera and trace out the shape of the LCD, leaving a small tab for removal.

Cut to size, and, Voila!

They cost $3 for ten - they were intended to be replaced frequently as they were scratched up by the stylus. I never did.