Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Recommended bag for K-x

Hello,

I was looking for some suggestions on a good camera bag for my soon to arrive K-x with 2 lens kit.

I am thinking either a backpack or sling type. Are sling types as comfortable as the backpacks?

Any help would be appreciated as I am new to all of this.

Thanks.
Bill M.

11-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a Pentax DSLR Sling Bag and it is great. It's not very expensive either, probably less than 40 bucks.
11-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have this one from naneu pro. It has good padding, nice compartments inside that you can rearrange, fits a camera with lens attached, and at least 2 extra lenses.

Naneu Pro | Military Ops Sierra Bag (Olive Green) | SIRRGR | B&H
11-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Forum Member

I just bough a Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home for mine, it's great quality, good padding, just enough room for a twin lens kit, batteries and mem cards, but not much else. the 6 MDH would offer more room.

They look great too!

11-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have been eyeing this case logic camera/2 lens sling:

Amazon.com: Caselogic XNSLR-2 SLR Camera Sling/Shoulder Bag (Black): Electronics

It is pretty compact but the photos indicate it should hold my kx, 16-45 and 55-300. Sure its case logic - but I have one of their tripod cases and it is actually very well made. I also like that it is almost messenger style, with a top load that can be used over either shoulder (alot of slings are over the right shoulder, which just isnt comfortable for me...one of those things I guess, maybe because I am left handed...)

If you want some more room, and space for a few extra things besides the camera, I would also recommend a look at the Kata 3n1 series (the 3n1-10 would be perfect for Kx and a couple of lenses, lunch and/or a light jacket).

Amazon.com: Kata KT D-3N1-10 Sling/Backpack (Black): Electronics

I have the 3n1-30 - same bag just wider, it is almost a backpack (the 3n1 series can actually convert to a backpack, and be slung over either shoulder, a unique design in the sling bag department). the 3n1-30 can hold almost everything I can throw at it (that is, most of what is in my sig), great for vacation!
11-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I think this should probably be in the gear section, should it not?
11-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I think this should probably be in the gear section, should it not?
Sorry about that. Feel free to move it.

Thanks.

11-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DSLRnoob Quote
Sorry about that. Feel free to move it.

Thanks.
Just pointing it out to the mods - they need something to keep busy, haha! No need to be sorry
11-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Moved to Field Accessories.
11-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 68deluxe Quote
I just bough a Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home for mine, it's great quality, good padding, just enough room for a twin lens kit, batteries and mem cards, but not much else. the 6 MDH would offer more room.

They look great too!
Same here - I'm very happy with it. I was thinking about the 6 MDH but when I went into the store they were out of stock in the 6 MDH and I was too impatient so just went with the 5 MDH. They sold me a shoulder pad cheap too because they were out of the 6 MDH. The KX is relatively light so it's not as heavy lugging it around in a sling pack.
11-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #11

Amazon.com: National Geographic NG 2345 Earth Explorer MidiI Shoulder Bag: Electronics

I really like the national geographic shoulder bags, they are compact, well laid out, yet do not scream "I'M A PHOTOGRAPHER", I think it matches great with the K-X...
12-01-2009, 03:58 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I got my wife a backpack this week - the lowepro versapack 200.

It seems the right size, bigger than the lowepro fastpack 100 but smaller than the lowepro fastpack 200 (which I am using). Just like the fastpack it has a "quick draw" compartment (actually it has two!). It has a rainhood and a tripod holder. It also have the appropriate slip-lock holder thingy....all in all, I think we love it! and it is the right size for the K100D, the DA14 and 1 flash. So I would imagine it will be good for the K-x as well. I think you should check it out.
12-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I am using a Lowepro Rezo 170 AW to store my K-x and the 2 kit lenses, it's alright storing the camera with lens on face down, but I recon this particular bag's slightly bigger than needed be, so I am looking to get a more compact sling bag for day trips.
12-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #14
Pentaxian

The Lowepro Rezo 160 is very well made, with a protective rain cover & strap to attach another lens case externally. It comfortably fits my K200D & 55-300, with some extra space for accessories. The K-x is smaller so should be fine. I highly recommend it.
12-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Crumpler 5 million dollar bag, it's a messenger style but very comfortable...i have my K200Dwvertical grip and 4 lenses stuffed in there, i need the 6 million bag actually