Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tripod Question

Ive got a Proline Dolica tripod it doesnt have any manual when i received it.
Just wanna ask
1. whats the purpose of the hook
2. the one connected to the hook which you can pull up, does it have some lock to hold it steady?
3. whats the purpose of this

Last edited by rustynail925; 01-31-2010 at 07:43 AM.
11-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If the hook is on the end of the center column, I would guess that it is for hanging a weight to provide more stability.

If the center column can be used in the horizontal position, the hook would be a place to hang a counter weight when the camera is hanging to the side of the tripod.

A picture of the tripod would help, as there is much availble to look at when I Google your tripod.

Tim
11-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
If the hook is on the end of the center column, I would guess that it is for hanging a weight to provide more stability.

If the center column can be used in the horizontal position, the hook would be a place to hang a counter weight when the camera is hanging to the side of the tripod.

A picture of the tripod would help, as there is much availble to look at when I Google your tripod.

Tim
He is probably referring to that one.
Here is the review on it on our "tripod reviews": https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/field-accessories/45466-tripod-reviews-2.html
11-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
Ive got a Proline Dolica tripod it doesnt have any manual when i received it.
Just wanna ask

2. the one connected to the hook which you can pull up, does it have some lock to hold it steady?
3. whats the purpose of this
It's hard to tell, but I suspect #2 is for the purpose of #3: to lock the center column in position.

11-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
It's hard to tell, but I suspect #2 is for the purpose of #3: to lock the center column in position.
That is exactly it if that is what he is asking.
I have one and I'm just not kinda sure about the question.
Anyway, it can be seen from my photos on the review that you can lock the center column with what he has pictured above.