Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Bent Pins on Battery Grip

So my battery grip has a few bent pins which means that when they are pushed down they dont come back up properly. I have to use tweezers to pull them up. The grip works perfectly fine except that every time i attach/remove the grip i have to pull the pins up myself otherwise i lose functionality of the front e-dial and the camera wont focus with a half push of the shutter button on the grip.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or knows how much a repair would cost?

11-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really that common? Since I use my gear for work, I'm much rougher much of the time than others might be. After owning 5 different digital grips, I've never had one with a bent pin.

I know what I'd do to fix it though if that happened. I just won't suggest that here in case somebody breaks their grip and wants to kill me.
11-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I know its fairly common, but I'm trying to decide if its actually worth getting fixed

11-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It can be done yourself. Given the price of the grip, I can't imagine the repair cost being worth it, but I really don't know. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/723828-post26.html shows what's involved.
11-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

If you can make it work after taking it off and putting it back on and there's no issues after that, then No. Leave it alone as a repair could be more than the value of a new one. Second, set the battery settingss to Grip first and when that battery is depleted, recharge it and replace it right away. Change the in camera battery less often to avoid removing the grip.

These batteries can handle being "topped up" so do that with the grip battery before each shooting session.