Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Problem with PocketWizard Plus II & Pentax K-7

I've been having this problem trying to use the PocketWizard Plus II radio trigger with my K-7. On two separate occasions I've tried to use the PW to fire off-camera strobes. All the settings on the PW were sound, they worked when connected to the hotshoes of both Canon & Nikon bodies but trying it with my K-7 I've had no luck.

Is there a setting on the K-7 I'm missing to make the PW operate or is it even a matter of the PW not compatible with the K-7's hotshoe? Or is there the simplest solution of connecting the PW to the K-7 using the PC sync port?

Responses would be greatly appreciated.

11-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Switch the dial up top of the K7 to M. The hotshoe isn't fired in all modes...
11-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Damn Brit

This doesn't belong in General Photography. Please read the forum descriptions before you post.l If in doubt, post in Everything Else, thank you.
11-26-2009, 06:29 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
@kenyee - I think I tried that and it still didn't work but I'll give it another shot

@Damn Brit - Thanks, I didn't know if this was appropriate in that forum. I'll remember next time.

11-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

My Lizards did that to me on my last shoot. I switched them, putting the one I had on the camera onto my power pack and the other one onto the camera and that allowed me to go ahead with the shoot, but it was still offputting.
How fresh are your batteries, I was wondering if, after some 4K exposures if I hadn't killed mine, but I didn't have an extra set handy.