Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bactman Quote
There is also syncpack, check their website out:

Syncpack Frontpack Systems - Balance Comfort Accessibility.

I probably am going to look into the system for some long hikes next year.
Bactman that looks like a great solution for many peoples needs.

Here is an older review article from December 2006 on Front Packs. The Pro who tested it really liked the Syncpack. Though he felt it blocked his view to much for tough terrain off trail hiking. Certainly it could be modified in some way to improve this. The concept makes a lot of sense and according to the testing by the Pro for this review it works as described.

A nice feature about the Syncpack is that it does convert into a small backpack too.

12-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This year I also used a chest mounted system for my hike's along with my new 130 liter backpack.... I don't know if the Ortlieb brand is available where you live; but the Aquacam bag I used did the job and is waterproof! Just my experience of one short hike and a 10/11 day's hike. I had almost the same basic setup you have with two lenses; I only replaced the DA 18-55mm with the 16-50mm. Falls short of balancing out the weight on my back though.
12-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

A trim belt pack sounds like a good soln.

I've got the older version of this one: Lowepro | Photo Runner 100

It fits my k200d with 16-45mm attached, along with 55-300mm, small RF (Rollei 35 or Oly 35 RC), and my Pentax-A 50 with AF 1.7X TC.