Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #1

Power cord for a TR Power Pack 2

I need to find a power cord for a TR Power Pack 2, any ideas on where to find one? I called Pentax parts who transferred me to the main office. They fumbled through their stuff and said they would have to call me back. Doesn't sound too hopeful. Any chance of a aftermarket cable having those weird connectors?

Thanks,
Vern

12-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For electronics projects enthusiasts often dig through supplier databases until they find connectors (or other parts) that match OEM specs. It helps to have the physical dimensions of the part you're looking for. Places like Mouser.com and Digikey.com have tens of thousands of connectors on file.

Are you trying to build your own power pack or replace a missing cord? I was lucky enough to find an original Vivitar cord at a camera show when I was in the process of building a high capacity pack for my Vivitar 285. Another option would have been to modify the flash to accept a plug and receptacle pair I already owned.
12-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
I'm trying to replace a missing cord. I've got the battery pack, but need to hook it to the flash somehow. Wire alone shouldn't be a problem, but the connectors are rather odd. There's a slot in one and a ridge on the other. The for the sake of the polarity for one thing. I suppose you don't want 330 volts going the wrong way. But it also means only one end can attach to the flash and only the other end can attach to the battery pack. I don't see why that would be important. I was surprised that the US office seems just to take what it gets from Japan. It seemed they didn't even know what the part number was.

Vern
12-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quantum instruments or Lumedyne probably sell a cable for their battery packs that will mate to the flash but I doubt that it would have the same connector as Pentax on the battery end. Following up on your request with Pentax is probably your best bet unless you can either find somebody with a used cord or you want to take a shot at building your own cable from scratch.

12-06-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It is using the same cord as TR Power Pack 3, so you can just get the parts from webstore i think.