Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brofkand Quote
Thought I'd bump this up cause we seem to be getting a lot of first-tripod questions.

Solid choice, there, especially for anyone who likes my idea, 'You can start with big and simple' ...classic design, works great, very steady. Not fun to carry far at all, though, (Unless, I suppose you like that sort of thing. )

01-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You won't regret buying a decent tripod instead of budget ones. I love the ballhead, but a good panhead is ok too. I would suggest measuring the distance from the floor to you eyes and getting at least that tall.

I got my first good tripod and ballhead about a month ago. Induro A213 legs (alloy) and SA-23 ballhead. Both have a 17 pound rating and easily handle my K20D and 70-300 lens. I got a good deal and was fortunate to be able to see and handle a large selection of Induro Tripods at Midwest Photo Exchange in Columbus. So far it's everything I want.