Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2021, 06:11 PM   #136
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Like most folk here I've done the rounds of bags... latest is Billingham 445.

This is probably the bag I should've purchased in the first place, rather than working my through Lowepro and Crumpler products to name but two.

This will be from now on, my "go to" shoot bag with decanted kit from Pelicans.

I did a wee review here... Billingham 445 Camera Bag reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Very nice bag, mine is a Hadley Pro Large. Sometime I want the wider bag, like old times.

12-01-2021, 06:48 AM   #137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
mine is a Hadley Pro Large
Looks elegant, however I've never really understood how they operate. The latches and clasps seems somewhat slow to operate, what are the qualities that particularly appeal to you?
12-01-2021, 03:30 PM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
The latches and clasps seems somewhat slow to operate
On the front of the Hadley Pro Large, like many of them, there is a piece of leather that has a key hole shape punched into it, that simply latches on and off a nipple type thing, quite quick to operate. That leather clasp can be adjusted up or down on a buckle depending on the use of the bag. Not sure how to explain it. That top section folds back and there is access to one's camera gear. The top section then folds back down over everything, and is water proof, can walk in the rain with out a worry, without having a cover for the bag. There are also two front pockets the buttons there can be stiff to operate.
The dividers inside can be configured how you like them, or taken out and simply use as a tote bag for other things, multi purpose. I have the dividers set in a three hole configuration, one for camera with lens attached, one for a longer lens like the 50-135, the other you can have a film camera or flash, depends on the use.

The build quality is excellent. Billingham have a range of bags from small to large including back pack, it is up to the individual to choose the bag that works best for them. They don't necessarily look like camera bags as such, different looking.

driline from this forum has YouTube reviews of several different Billingham bags.
Camera Bag Reviews - YouTube
12-01-2021, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #139
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Sometime I want the wider bag
I add a pair Billingham Delta End Pockets to mine when required, for that bit extra.

Billingham Delta End Pockets reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

12-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I add a pair Billingham Delta End Pockets to mine when required, for that bit extra.
Yes, good point, I must see if they fit the Hadleys
12-01-2021, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #141
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Yes, good point, I must see if they fit the Hadleys
Hadley end pockets are called AVEAs.

https://billingham.co.uk/collections/camera-bags/products/end-pocket
12-01-2021, 06:17 PM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hadley end pockets are called AVEAs
Thanks for that, going by the chart they fit the Hadley Large Pro, but I need more research as to how they fit on, the two lugs on the back of the pouch, I'm not sure where they fit on the H. P. Large. Anyway I'll work it out

12-02-2021, 06:14 AM   #143
Pentaxian

On the front of the Hadley Pro Large, like many of them, there is a piece of leather that has a key hole shape punched into it, that simply latches on and off a nipple type thing, quite quick to operate.
I think I understand, nice idea.

The build quality is excellent.
That I don't doubt.

The dividers inside can be configured how you like them
I expected nothing less.
12-02-2021, 10:29 PM   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was a bit slow off the mark, should have bought a Billingham F-Stop 1.4, when they where in production, oh well maybe next time

It is like the Billingham bags can become collectors item as they do different style bags from time to time.